Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arterio

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
My "New iPad" should show up by next Friday, Thursday if I'm lucky! I have never owned an iPad or tablet of any kind previously. I have seen a mass variety of cases for the iPad 2, and I know most soft cases will work with the 3rd gen. iPad.

So I'm curious, what case are you going to use on your shiny new iPad? If any? Do you currently have an iPad 2 case you're going to try on it?

I'm looking into those cases that have the bluetooth keyboards built into them. I'd like to be able to take notes during meetings without losing some of my screen to the on-screen one, but I'm also not sure if I want a thicker, clunkier case like that? A nice leather folio would be good for day to day use I think.

Please share links / video reviews of cases you're suggesting if you know of any.

arterio

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Back in 2010 when the iPhone 4 came out I ordered a bamboo case from http://www.grovemade.com . They're an Oregon based company that makes some seriously good quality and beautiful bamboo cases. The original case I got I'm still using on an almost daily basis and it's still just as good as the day I got it, even after a couple drops.

I was thinking of ordering one of their new iPad Sleeve cases.

----------

Well since the New iPad is virtually the same size as the iPad 2, I just kept my original case, which is the Book Jacket by InCase (link below). I may get something in the following weeks however when some new cases are released but for now the Book Jacket is perfect.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Incase+...4;+2/2318055.p?id=1218320818054&skuId=2318055
A co-worker of mine has this case for his iPad 1st Gen. It seems like a decent case.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Back in 2010 when the iPhone 4 came out I ordered a bamboo case from http://www.grovemade.com . They're an Oregon based company that makes some seriously good quality and beautiful bamboo cases. The original case I got I'm still using on an almost daily basis and it's still just as good as the day I got it, even after a couple drops.

I was thinking of ordering one of their new iPad Sleeve cases.

----------

A co-worker of mine has this case for his iPad 1st Gen. It seems like a decent case.

Wow those are some awesome looking cases, I may have to look into getting one myself.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
I will be very picky. Those cases that the iPad snaps in the case can damage it over time. I had an iPad 2 with dented corners from two different cases. Remember just because it looks like it fits does not mean it fits properly.

celly

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Calgary
Beyza Executive II expected to be my main case, but I couldn't resist trying the new Switcheasy Canvas.

Both expected to be delivered next week.

In the mean time, I'm using a clear Speck Smartshell for the iPad 2 and a Smart Cover.

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I have a black Marware micro shell on the rear of the iPad and a tan Apple Smart Cover on the front. Keeps the overall package as slin as possible while still offering decent protection of the iPad.

Last edited:

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
I got the STM skinny 3 today, it is labelled as for the iPad 3 instead of new iPad, but the case is a perfect fit.

I got brown, and it looks sexy on my white iPad.

cdembek

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008

LJ50

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
AppleCare+

I'll be getting the STM Skinny once they start shipping the new version. Used it for my iPad 2 and liked it.
As soon as I can find the STM Skinny somewhere in the UK, or somewhere hat will ship to the UK relatively soon, then I'll be buying that.

Looks great, good protection, but without the bulk and weight of the Switcheasy Canvas I have with my iPad 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.