Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JW008

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
So with the new one in Nashville, I'm thinking about buying a new iBook (after updates next Tuesday, of course) from there. But, I had just a couple of questions that you kind folks could probably answer for me.

First, can I get the ones there modified...i.e. bigger hard drive, install bluetooth, etc...? Hopefully this won't have to be done because of the updates, but...

Second, how soon after updates will they get them in? If they update Tuesday, could I go Wednesday and get one?

Third, can I still get my edu discount in-store or is that online only?

Thanks!

aaandrewww

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
1. No
2. I think they will have them the day they are released.
3. you can get Edu hardware discounts but not software.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
JW008 said:
Second, how soon after updates will they get them in? If they update Tuesday, could I go Wednesday and get one?

They *should* have them same day but it depends on Apple and your store. It's possible they may announce an update but not be there right away for a more major update.

I think a year ago when they updated the PB, my store had the 12" model and the 15" but not the 17" or something like that. I think that was a little bit of a supply issue. So it all sort of depends.

icarusflies

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2005
As far as I know
Nothing other than airports and memory gets fitted in an Apple store.

You never know, the new ibook may have bluetooth and 512 memory as standard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.