PDA

View Full Version : Any more USB devices work with iPad camera connection kit on new iPad?

homerb
Mar 17, 2012, 02:26 AM
I know that there are probably a lot of existing threads about the subject that clearly outlines a huge list of all of the various USB devices that have been tested to work with the iPad connection Kit besides just cameras. But I'm curious to know if there are any additional devices that might work with the third generation iPad.

Has anyone messed around with this yet? What are the most surprising USB devices that you have been able to get working with the camera connection kit?

I know that there are some other offbrand accessories similar to the camera connection kit that have either a single USB port, or multiple ports for cards, a male and female USB port, a dock pass-through and even a video out, all in the same connector. I'm curious to know if he is non-Apple branded camera connection accessories with the USB port offer additional functionality by allowing more USB accessories to work then the Apple camera connection kit itself.

I'm also curious to know if there are any additional plug in accessories that will work with the new iPad.

let me know your thoughts!

amham
Mar 18, 2012, 01:15 PM
I have tried the following iBasso portable headphone amp/DACS, D10/D6/D7, all without success, with the iPad 3 and camera connector kit. Constant "too much power" error message, with or without DAC battery charge off/on....very disappointed! Seems the D10 worked with the iPad2 according to some posts.