PDA

View Full Version : Female Macheads (Women Rock)

lera
Jan 12, 2002, 01:34 AM
Okay So now that I have you're attention here's the question:

Are there any female Mac heads?

eyelikeart
Jan 12, 2002, 02:33 AM
somewhat lame....but still a great thread....

I'm interested in seeing how the results, over time, come out... :)

Durandal7
Jan 12, 2002, 08:23 PM
I would be interested to know how many of the 100+ posters are female.

Kid Red
Jan 13, 2002, 01:21 AM
My wife is a mac head but she doesn't do the boards, does that count?

She will argue and defend Apple to the death and laughs at people who use PCs, so I love her:)

Smasher
Jan 13, 2002, 01:33 AM
As of now:

Men:17
Women:0

A shame.. it'd be nice to have a female perspectives or two around here.

Cruelraspberry
Jan 13, 2002, 02:51 AM
Well,

I'm a female, but judging by the response to my other postings I'll just raise my hand and quietly sit back down.

-Beth

eyelikeart
Jan 13, 2002, 03:02 AM
but could u enlighten us as to what happened with your previous posts? hopefully u weren't offended in some way...

Cruelraspberry
Jan 13, 2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
but could u enlighten us as to what happened with your previous posts? hopefully u weren't offended in some way...

I'm sure you remember. I was the one having trouble watching the MWSF keynote. I've never watched a webcast before and I didn't know that I was supposed to click on that icon.

I actually thought it was funny (my story), instead people decided to respond telling me how stupid I was. Whatever...

Anyways, I love Mac. I had been a huge admirer of my friend's computer back when I was a Freshman in high school. I used to beg my parents to buy a Mac, but they could never afford one. We had a computer that a friend of the family had given us. I have no idea what it was, but I do remember the screen was orange.

I moved away from my family and was finally able to purchase my own computer, Apple G4 Cube. I was sooooo excited the day my Cube came UPS. My roommates and I had been tracking it and knew that it would be arriving that day. After I unpacked it, I delicately held the Cube to make sure I didn't drop it or scratch it.

I really love it and haven't had any problems with it. I've learned A LOT about computers, specifically Macs, in the past month or two. I think it was all the MacWorld hype that got me going, because I had just registered to attend my first MacWorld Expo. I started reading all the rumors sites and started tinkering around with Terminal App.

I can argue just about anyone into purchasing a Mac. The whole TCO thing, plus it's just WAY cooler. hehehe.

irmongoose
Jan 13, 2002, 09:29 AM
Welcome.

spikey
Jan 13, 2002, 10:51 AM
Chill cruelraspberry.
When i make a mistake i just blame john123, you should try it.

spikey
Jan 13, 2002, 10:53 AM
My girlfriend isnt a mac fan or a Micro$oft fan.

she loves Linux, strange huh?

britboy
Jan 13, 2002, 11:02 AM
my fiancee doesn't quite appreciate the finer points of why macs are better than wintels, but she will.... She bought a laptop with ME about a year ago, and harldy uses it now because of the problems she's getting all the time! One more convert on the way...

eyelikeart
Jan 13, 2002, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't sweat anything that anyone around here may say to u. There are a few of us here who prefer to keep things interesting by being hard on the newbies, and there a some of us who are pretty indifferent and just here because. MWSF brought about a lot of mayhem around here for a few days, but I think it's pretty much back to normal.

Ultimately, we are all here for the same purpose: to discuss & disect the products & actions of our beloved company, Apple (how did that sound? he he he) . Stick around and don't be too shy....:p

kaltsasa
Jan 13, 2002, 12:26 PM
My gf, soon to be feoncee, was a wintel user, after months of telling her all the great things of mac, she bought an ibook.....she's never looked at a wintel machine the same way again. Granted we have to use them sometimez in collage but she hates is so bad. she loves mac os x......Alex 1- Microsoft 0

Durandal7
Jan 13, 2002, 02:25 PM
Don't take it too hard Cruelraspberry. I think that most of us were caught off guard by your question and some of us (myself included) were just so sick of hearing people complain about MWSF that our temper got the best of us. I apoligize, my angst was not directed at you as much as all the people coming on here and complaining without merit. I still stand by my opinion of all the problems auto-loading QT movies would cause however.

Abulafia
Jan 13, 2002, 03:27 PM
My wife is nearly as much exited about new products from apple as I am.
She is more of an observer, comenting on design an usability.

She is a solid rock in a sea of wintel-users, working in a school for children who are menatally disabled. She alway points out the advantages and merits of userfriendly and well designed apple products.

But she would not particicpate in forums.

Carsten

lera
Jan 14, 2002, 03:43 AM
So it's at 33 to 1. Thank you Cruelraspberry. I hope to see more Women flinging mac-amo with the rest of us. Perhaps women are less likely to participate in forums like this one than we mac amo flinging men. Who knows...
More power to every one, and down with big brother... did I type that out loud ... well oh well.

see you on the flip side
lera

Meyrick
Jan 14, 2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by lera
So it's at 33 to 1. Thank you Cruelraspberry. I hope to see more Women flinging mac-amo with the rest of us. Perhaps women are less likely to participate in forums like this one than we mac amo flinging men. Who knows...

Just had to add one more female to the poll :)

I've been reading the forums here regularly leading up to MWSF though not having much to contribute. Plannin' to get me one of them new iMacs though.

My first computer was an Amiga but I've had Macs for over ten years and very proudly never owned a PC - though am enslaved daily to use one at work.

cheers
Mey

dantec
Jan 14, 2002, 08:47 AM
and aunt are Mac users... my mom will argue the Mac is better until the Pc users die of greenness...;)

But my aunt just uses Mac but isn't really sure of anything... She asks me if she should install win XP...:confused:

eyelikeart
Jan 14, 2002, 09:45 AM
u gotta love it when they don't have a clue!!

it's nice to see one of those on the Mac side for once though...

kansaigaijin
Jan 14, 2002, 10:12 AM
click here! Welcome, although I registered about the same time you did, and promply forgot my password! I love the cube! MWSF sure got everyone wound up. if you think it gets abusive here you can check out . . .I wont say it some of us a r refugees from there. I have known lots of women who were mac fanatics, but not really forum fanatics. My wife and I share a iMac 350, OSX and 9.0J-Kanji. The coolest thing about ten is we log in and get our language setup, system and apps. Of course we all forget what it was like when we were learning, some of us remember Mosaic. enjoy!

dantec
Jan 14, 2002, 12:37 PM
I think the women are catching up on us;)

grouse
Jan 14, 2002, 12:47 PM
Where's the not sure button?

I mean... in this day and age surely we dont' have to classify people by their gender. One of the great things is that we are invisible, to a certain extent. (etc etc)

Also what about the transgender types. Where do they click?

I'm not, by the way, I'm just sticking up for the little people.

Ensign Paris
Jan 14, 2002, 01:55 PM
Hey!

Is there any 14-16 year old Mac Head females here? If so PLSPLSPLSPLS e-mail me as I have never met an mac head thats female at my age!

Alot of people say that woman start Rumors but then again I.T rumors are completely different!

eyelikeart
Jan 14, 2002, 02:07 PM
I never thought I'd see this site become a place to "hook up"...

he he he :p

lera
Jan 14, 2002, 02:42 PM

Neither did I.

note: sorry to those who are upset about no "not sure buttion" I personaly am quite sure and didn't even think of it. I don't know that I can change the poll. I'll try.

crassusad44
Jan 14, 2002, 03:07 PM

OK now... Any female macheads from Norway on this board???
Just a question... :D

Now, anywayz. Nice to se that there are some women on this board. Nothing like some real girl power to fight for the Mac!!! ;)

grouse
Jan 14, 2002, 03:08 PM
Maybe, in fact, it should have been a sliding scale!

(It appears I have assumed the role of the surrealist on these boards, either that or noone has a clue as to what I am saying half the time, probably the latter)

kansaigaijin
Jan 14, 2002, 07:58 PM
gender matters because people still treat people differently because of thier gender. I think it is especially true around this kind of place, computers and tech stuff. We might be idealistic and such, but we do behave differently. It is a good topic here, As I said I know lots of women who use Macs but not too many get all wound up over the thing, it is just a tool. Is that a guy thing, or am I wrong?

Cruelraspberry
Jan 15, 2002, 10:07 AM

Better get some more grrls in here then, if you know what I mean. I'm not into boyz. hehehe

eyelikeart
Jan 15, 2002, 10:13 AM
good to see some open-minded individuals here! :D

kansaigaijin
Jan 15, 2002, 08:21 PM
good to see some open-minded individuals here! :D

do you need to explain what "lez" means?

shelly
Jan 15, 2002, 10:43 PM
i'm a machead and what's better, i'm also a unix-guru too!
that should count for more points to the women.

eyelikeart
Jan 15, 2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by kansaigaijin
do you need to explain what "lez" means?

if I wanted to use the term "lesbian" I would have done it....but I choose not to label people.... :rolleyes:

kansaigaijin
Jan 16, 2002, 05:20 AM
she used it herself, in her profile.
Wonder why?

Wes
Jan 16, 2002, 06:53 AM
I always thought of esign being some old guy sitting behind the computer but he's the same age as me, and for the record i'm male.

eyelikeart
Jan 16, 2002, 11:28 AM
I guess I never got into the habit of checking people's profiles on here...

but still....oh well....whatever....

Buggy
Jan 16, 2002, 10:07 PM
Just have to ad one more "my wife is"...

She is even more biased than I am. She doesn't know as much of the techie stuff, but its all about the aura to her. I made the mistake of showing her the new iMac the day it came out. She now REALLY wants one...... but we just bought an iBook for her less than a year ago!!

davidc2182
Jan 17, 2002, 12:00 AM
hey any female macheads wanna hook up? i'm a nice guy, a geek, wear glasses but i'm into normal stuff like mall, music, movies, school, but i'm looking to expand my horizons anyone wanna help?