Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you Female or Male?

• Female

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Male

Votes: 52 92.9%

• Total voters

lera

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2001
Okay So now that I have you're attention here's the question:

Are there any female Mac heads?

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
My wife is a mac head but she doesn't do the boards, does that count?

She will argue and defend Apple to the death and laughs at people who use PCs, so I love her:)

Smasher

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
As of now:

Men:17
Women:0

A shame.. it'd be nice to have a female perspectives or two around here.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
pardon me....

but could u enlighten us as to what happened with your previous posts? hopefully u weren't offended in some way...

Cruelraspberry

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2002
California
Re: pardon me....

Originally posted by eyelikeart
but could u enlighten us as to what happened with your previous posts? hopefully u weren't offended in some way...

I'm sure you remember. I was the one having trouble watching the MWSF keynote. I've never watched a webcast before and I didn't know that I was supposed to click on that icon.

I actually thought it was funny (my story), instead people decided to respond telling me how stupid I was. Whatever...

Anyways, I love Mac. I had been a huge admirer of my friend's computer back when I was a Freshman in high school. I used to beg my parents to buy a Mac, but they could never afford one. We had a computer that a friend of the family had given us. I have no idea what it was, but I do remember the screen was orange.

I moved away from my family and was finally able to purchase my own computer, Apple G4 Cube. I was sooooo excited the day my Cube came UPS. My roommates and I had been tracking it and knew that it would be arriving that day. After I unpacked it, I delicately held the Cube to make sure I didn't drop it or scratch it.

I really love it and haven't had any problems with it. I've learned A LOT about computers, specifically Macs, in the past month or two. I think it was all the MacWorld hype that got me going, because I had just registered to attend my first MacWorld Expo. I started reading all the rumors sites and started tinkering around with Terminal App.

I can argue just about anyone into purchasing a Mac. The whole TCO thing, plus it's just WAY cooler. hehehe.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
Chill cruelraspberry.
When i make a mistake i just blame john123, you should try it.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
my fiancee doesn't quite appreciate the finer points of why macs are better than wintels, but she will.... She bought a laptop with ME about a year ago, and harldy uses it now because of the problems she's getting all the time! One more convert on the way...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Cruelraspberry...

I wouldn't sweat anything that anyone around here may say to u. There are a few of us here who prefer to keep things interesting by being hard on the newbies, and there a some of us who are pretty indifferent and just here because. MWSF brought about a lot of mayhem around here for a few days, but I think it's pretty much back to normal.

Ultimately, we are all here for the same purpose: to discuss & disect the products & actions of our beloved company, Apple (how did that sound? he he he) . Stick around and don't be too shy....:p

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
My gf, soon to be feoncee, was a wintel user, after months of telling her all the great things of mac, she bought an ibook.....she's never looked at a wintel machine the same way again. Granted we have to use them sometimez in collage but she hates is so bad. she loves mac os x......Alex 1- Microsoft 0

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Don't take it too hard Cruelraspberry. I think that most of us were caught off guard by your question and some of us (myself included) were just so sick of hearing people complain about MWSF that our temper got the best of us. I apoligize, my angst was not directed at you as much as all the people coming on here and complaining without merit. I still stand by my opinion of all the problems auto-loading QT movies would cause however.

Abulafia

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2002
Oldenburg, Germany
My wife is nearly as much exited about new products from apple as I am.
She is more of an observer, comenting on design an usability.

She is a solid rock in a sea of wintel-users, working in a school for children who are menatally disabled. She alway points out the advantages and merits of userfriendly and well designed apple products.

But she would not particicpate in forums.

Carsten

lera

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2001
So it's at 33 to 1. Thank you Cruelraspberry. I hope to see more Women flinging mac-amo with the rest of us. Perhaps women are less likely to participate in forums like this one than we mac amo flinging men. Who knows...
More power to every one, and down with big brother... did I type that out loud ... well oh well.

see you on the flip side
lera

Meyrick

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2002
Originally posted by lera
So it's at 33 to 1. Thank you Cruelraspberry. I hope to see more Women flinging mac-amo with the rest of us. Perhaps women are less likely to participate in forums like this one than we mac amo flinging men. Who knows...

Just had to add one more female to the poll :)

I've been reading the forums here regularly leading up to MWSF though not having much to contribute. Plannin' to get me one of them new iMacs though.

My first computer was an Amiga but I've had Macs for over ten years and very proudly never owned a PC - though am enslaved daily to use one at work.

cheers
Mey

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
My mom...

and aunt are Mac users... my mom will argue the Mac is better until the Pc users die of greenness...;)

But my aunt just uses Mac but isn't really sure of anything... She asks me if she should install win XP...:confused:

kansaigaijin

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
the great ether
watch now!

click here! Welcome, although I registered about the same time you did, and promply forgot my password! I love the cube! MWSF sure got everyone wound up. if you think it gets abusive here you can check out . . .I wont say it some of us a r refugees from there. I have known lots of women who were mac fanatics, but not really forum fanatics. My wife and I share a iMac 350, OSX and 9.0J-Kanji. The coolest thing about ten is we log in and get our language setup, system and apps. Of course we all forget what it was like when we were learning, some of us remember Mosaic. enjoy!

grouse

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2002
london
now come on people!

Where's the not sure button?

I mean... in this day and age surely we dont' have to classify people by their gender. One of the great things is that we are invisible, to a certain extent. (etc etc)

Also what about the transgender types. Where do they click?

I'm not, by the way, I'm just sticking up for the little people.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe

Hey!

Is there any 14-16 year old Mac Head females here? If so PLSPLSPLSPLS e-mail me as I have never met an mac head thats female at my age!

Alot of people say that woman start Rumors but then again I.T rumors are completely different!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.