PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Shield installers in the UK (London / SE)

armitage shanks
Mar 17, 2012, 04:55 AM
I just can not get a perfect invisible shield installation on my 4S / iPad. I have spent so much trying to do it myself!

Is there any place in London that offers an installation service?

Cheers.

O-H-T
Mar 17, 2012, 05:27 AM
Carphone warehouse offer an install service for invisible shields, might be worth phoning ahead though.

armitage shanks
Mar 17, 2012, 05:37 AM
Carphone warehouse offer an install service for invisible shields, might be worth phoning ahead though.

Thank you.

O-H-T
Mar 17, 2012, 11:37 AM
Thank you.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Me and my wife purchased invisible shields for our phones and had them installed. If you have any problems you can take them back and they'll replace and re-apply free of charge.

Dragonforce
Mar 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
If you can't get them to do it, I'll happily install them for you in SW19 or W13 for a pint of Stella :)

fullmanfullninj
Mar 17, 2012, 01:28 PM
Let me give you some advice cause when i was working at Best Buy, I would do these all the time.

First take the solution that comes with the package and spray it on your screen and the back of your shield (the stickier side).
Then spray the front side of your shield too, make sure your shield is wet. It's more important for the shield to be wet, but having the screen be wet is important too. Make sure you have a good squeegee. The one that comes with it is crap. I would recommend something rubbery, not a credit card. Doesnt have to be large, about one inch (sorry I'm US lol) is fine.

Line up one end of the shield (so for example, make sure the bottom is lined up) and lay the rest of the shield in place. Squeegee from the bottom up (or vice versa, wherever you first placed the shield). Squeegee in small, short motions. Dont go all the way from one end to another..take your time.

If you placed the bottom and lined it up correctly, once you get to the top it should be straight. Let me know if you have questions...lol. These instructions aere better seen than read.