Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
I want a back cover WITHOUT Smart Cover integration.

For those of us who aren't worried about Gorilla Glass scratching but are worried about the aluminum scratching, there simply aren't any TPU or plastic back shells that don't have the whole left side exposed like an open wound.

The only one I've seen so far without Smart Cover consideration is the SwitchEasy NUDE and it isn't certain that they'll be making it for the The New iPad. Spoke to Jordan yesterday, he doesn't know what their plans are for now.

Anyone know of another company or cover that gives complete back coverage without any front cover in the mix for those of us who like our screens exposed 24/7?

BJ

jbimler

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2012
I like the Switcheasy Nude. There isn't an iPad 3rd generation version right now, but according to customer service we could see it in a couple weeks.

Here is the iPad 2 version.... Link

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Anyone come across a form-fitting back case that offers left-edge protection instead of an opening for those of us who don't use Smart Covers?

BJ

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.