Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
Had Incipio's NGP case for my iPad 2 and didn't like the loose fit. Tried on my new iPad and it's nice and tight, perfect fit!

johndoe588

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2007
Upstate New York
You're right! Just went out and got one, sadly at Walmart. My local Target and Walmart had nothing iPad 3 related. Pretty good fit, volume control takes a pretty good press. How loose was it on the 2?

reebs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
You're right! Just went out and got one, sadly at Walmart. My local Target and Walmart had nothing iPad 3 related. Pretty good fit, volume control takes a pretty good press. How loose was it on the 2?

It was loose enough especially around dock connector area that I would inadvertently push the lip off with use. Yes the volume issue was present in iPad 2 which was a minor issue I had with it. In fact, the one I have is the 2nd version of the case where Incipio tried to fix that issue.

I will post pics soon.

Tedddman

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2011
I never replaced the "first version" of the iPad 2 NGP, where the volume rocker didn't quite line up. It actually made it easier to push the volume button, so I kept it.

Do you think the iPad 2 NGP case on the new iPad will still allow for a screen protector like Power Support to be used? I love how the NGP on the iPad 2 never dislodged my screen film.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
I never replaced the "first version" of the iPad 2 NGP, where the volume rocker didn't quite line up. It actually made it easier to push the volume button, so I kept it.

Do you think the iPad 2 NGP case on the new iPad will still allow for a screen protector like Power Support to be used? I love how the NGP on the iPad 2 never dislodged my screen film.

I don't think so, it's a tight fit but you can try. I'm not using a screen protector this time around. Can't bear to cover this retina display!

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012

I just bought the black ngp and the box states for new iPad and for iPad 2. The fitment is exact and the screen protector I have on now has zero issues with the ngp covering the edge of the iPad 3.

I'm very happy with the quality. Matte finish and covers all the sides and yet still light weight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.