Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Aftre playing with my iPad 3 last night, I headed out to Future Shop to buy a keyboard and case. Already have the smart cover, but that is for when the iPad won't be docked (most of the time).

The product is

http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/mobile-phones-gps/RF-ICAP14.html

It looks better in person than on the website. Salesperson had n problem opening up a box, and....the iPad 3 fits perfectly into the keyboard capsule (the capsule closes perfectly with the iPad inside of it). Has 2 in use angles; the standard one where your iPad will now look like a cheap netbook and one angle where the iPad is about 25 degrees up from horizontal (keyboard can't be used in this position).

There are 2 heavy/thick molded rubberized inserts which fit over the headphone and data connector ports. These can be removed so that the headphone can be used and/or the iPad docked while in the keyboard capsule.

Pairing of the keyboard was as painless as you would expect. The keyboard capsule has a built in Lithium ion battery that gets charged via a micro USB cable. I'm charging it with the iPad 3 power adapter.

Cost was $79.99 Cdn

I've really got no complaint about it; although I would love it if the keys were backlit :)

Tom

anarchistbot

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
Rocket fish

i just got one on ebay for 15.00 bin free shipping and with ebay bucks the total was 11.98 and was thinking wow best butt has this for sale for 69.99 and was originally 99.99 i got a great deal. I am using it now on a table and can type very quickly and proficently. I think all and all the case is a great protector for how massive it is. When the ipad 2 is inside it seems to way as much as a laptop easily.
Magnetic unlock and lock seemd to not work proper but o well. I hope they can make a cydia program to start playing all the emulaotrs and maybe mouse add on. Love the case maybe whould pay 49.99 and a back-lit keyboard would be nice. If anyone knows of a source for keyboard add-ons then let me know.

----------

i just got one on ebay for 15.00 bin free shipping and with ebay bucks the total was 11.98 and was thinking wow best butt has this for sale for 69.99 and was originally 99.99 i got a great deal. I am using it now on a table and can type very quickly and proficently. I think all and all the case is a great protector for how massive it is. When the ipad 2 is inside it seems to way as much as a laptop easily.
Magnetic unlock and lock seemd to not work proper but o well. I hope they can make a cydia program to start playing all the emulaotrs and maybe mouse add on. Love the case maybe whould pay 49.99 and a back-lit keyboard would be nice. If anyone knows of a source for keyboard add-ons then let me know.
also set up some activator dhortcuts on the keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.