PDA

View Full Version : Generic Wall Chargers

jschlis
Mar 17, 2012, 03:50 PM
Are generic wall chargers such as Rocket Fish and or Belkin OK to use with ipones and ipads. They advertise more power than the Apple products. Need to get 2 extra chargers for 2 work places, not sure if these will eventually harm the battery after a period of time.

Tortri
Mar 17, 2012, 04:08 PM
I would say go to their website and be sure they "support" ipad's. I know for a fact with the iPad that if its not directly connected to the computer or using a Apple charger it won't charge. I put mine on my USB hub and won't charge but my iphone will. I've also used a third party usb plug charger and wouldn't charge my ipad but would charge my iphone.

So big name accessory companies if their website states it'll support ipad then i think you should be good. I also suggest if the plugs you are looking at are on amazon and read up on the reviews. A lot of good product reviews on there if you're unsure of a product.

jjk454ss
Mar 17, 2012, 06:36 PM
Are generic wall chargers such as Rocket Fish and or Belkin OK to use with ipones and ipads. They advertise more power than the Apple products. Need to get 2 extra chargers for 2 work places, not sure if these will eventually harm the battery after a period of time.

i love this Targus charger I got at Best Buy, charges my iPhone and iPad at the same time. Always worked great with my iPad 2.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/jjk454ss/eaad9a65.jpg