PDA

View Full Version : Power support air jacket for ipad2: will it fit new iPad?

Muscle
Mar 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
Does the power support air jacket for iPad 2 fit the new iPad? Looking for something similar if not. Ie very slim clear back case that protects the corners as well

Built
Mar 17, 2012, 04:50 PM
Does the power support air jacket for iPad 2 fit the new iPad? Looking for something similar if not. Ie very slim clear back case that protects the corners as well

I was just at the Power Support store in Burbank yesterday afternoon and saw the Air Jacket but didn't think to ask.

Give them a call...They are very helpful. I don't think their Customer Service is open weekends, though. I know that their store on West Magnolia Boulevard is only open M-F...but try giving them a shout.

sal
Mar 19, 2012, 10:10 PM
I was just at the Power Support store in Burbank yesterday afternoon and saw the Air Jacket but didn't think to ask.

Give them a call...They are very helpful. I don't think their Customer Service is open weekends, though. I know that their store on West Magnolia Boulevard is only open M-F...but try giving them a shout.

I was just in store today to pick up a clear jacket for my iPhone 4s. They said the air jacket for iPad 2 DOES NOT fit iPad 3. When I asked if they are going to make one for iPad 3. They said If they do decide to make it'll be about a month or so before they begin to sell it

Muscle
Mar 19, 2012, 10:57 PM
I was just in store today to pick up a clear jacket for my iPhone 4s. They said the air jacket for iPad 2 DOES NOT fit iPad 3. When I asked if they are going to make one for iPad 3. They said If they do decide to make it'll be about a month or so before they begin to sell it

That's a shame. Really like how the smart cover is locked in place when using one of these.

Ive decided to go naked with bodyguardz for now

Archer1440
Mar 19, 2012, 11:07 PM
Power Support gear is made in Japan, I will be there in two days and plan to stop at a Yodobashi and BIC to check.

If the Power Support isn't available then I will go for the Tunewear Eggshell, a clone that is advertised as fitting the 3rd gen models. Will check fit before buying and report back here. In spite of the inflated yen, the over the counter price in Japan is about 20% less than the USA delivered price from the Tunewear website. Same holds true for Power Support products.

http://www.tunewear.com/en/171-eggshell-for-ipad-3rd-generation-ipad-2-fits-ipad-smart-cover.html

Using an Incipio SmartFeather for iPad 2 as a temporary measure and it is OK but very slightly imperfect (1-2 mm bulge in the back center).

If nothing there is satisfactory I will see what a heat gun and I can do to modify the Incipio to work perfectly ;)

sal
Mar 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
Archer, let us know what happens.

In the meantime I went with the Lexington. Future I might look into the power support case because I love it on my iPhone

Archer1440
Mar 20, 2012, 06:24 PM
Nothing beats the Power Support crystal screen protectors on iPhone, I also love the Air Jackets for iPhone and they are VERY popular in Japan. I cover mine with 3M DyNoc adhesive carbon film, makes it a bit more grippy.

joshall
Mar 21, 2012, 02:32 AM
Hey all,
I would like to let you folks know that the PowerSupport case does indeed work with the new iPad!

1. If you have an old case that has been used with iPad2, then take it out, and it will fit just right with the new iPad.

2. I bought a new polycarbonate one (Clear). It does not, initially, fit at one corner, but I attempted to start and fit it onto different corner, and, the difficult corner was properly fitted right in.

I have a black case with my iPad2, and it is a matte case. I feel like the clear case is more bulky, due to its polycarbonate material? I am not sure. I know the new iPad is slightly thicker, but after holding it for so long, and when I hold the iPad2 that is fitted with the black matte case again, I do feel that the lightweight nature of the iPad 2 + the black matte case.

Which case/ color are you guys buying?

I have checked the tunewear's case, I dont think it can beat Powersupport ones! Powersupport material is much nicer, and the color is nicer than the tunewear's.

lsh
Mar 21, 2012, 07:51 AM
Hey all,
I would like to let you folks know that the PowerSupport case does indeed work with the new iPad.

Would you have pictures of front and back? Their site says it protects the bezel, but I haven't seen pictures.

Archer1440
Mar 23, 2012, 08:39 AM
Archer, let us know what happens.

In the meantime I went with the Lexington. Future I might look into the power support case because I love it on my iPhone

Ok have arrived in Tokyo and visited Yodobashi in Shinjuku this evening, there were a dozen different rear case options specific to iPad 3 ready to go- but nothing from Power Support, not even for iPad 2.

I saw offerings from Belkin, Tunewear, Sanwa, Buffalo, and at least four others. Interestingly, nothing from incipio or Marware.

I ended up buying both the Tunewear eggshell, and Belkin snap shield secure iPad 3 specific cases for the cost of either one delivered in the USA. Figure I will keep the one i like best and sell the other.

Using the Tunewear case at the moment and it's been fantastic. Thinner than the incipio smart feather and a great look. Absolutely perfect fit, no spaces for dirt or duct to get in.

The Belkin has a precise fit and the added benefit of the steel retainer for the smart cover magnet. Doesn't help me as I always fold the cover on itself so I'm not touching the microfiber. The Belkin has impeccable fit and finish that is severely marred by a carelessly stamped code of some sort smack in the lower third of the unit. A ghetto touch on an otherwise excellent item. The Belkin has a tactile finish that increases grip. it is noticeably thicker than the Tunewear case.

The Tunewear comes with a protector strip (which appears to be a high end non-bubbling protector skin) that goes under the smart cover hinge. It completely isolates the device from the hard parts of the smart cover, but doesn't have any noticeable effect on the magnetic locks. The Tunewear also comes with a full screen protector, cleaning cloth, application tool for said protector, and a neat little plug to protect the 30 pin connector. I believe the Tunewear would show scratches very readily, in dark colors. The color I chose is the frost and interestingly, it is clear enough to read the lasered markings on the iPad case, but the milky treatment gives it a much nicer look than the straight clear case which looks a bit cheap.

Belkin covers a tiny bit more more of the device between speaker and 30-pin connector (both cover far more than the incipio smart feather) but has none of the extras while costing more.

ide-home
Jul 4, 2012, 09:26 PM
Confirmed: The Power Support Air Jacket for iPad 2 is not suitable for the new iPad 3rd Gen. We have tested to put the Air Jacket for iPad 2 on new iPad 3rd Gen., the corner of the case was broken =.=.

Recently, Power Support released a new version of Power Support Air Jacket compatible for new iPad 3 and iPad 2.

Where you can get this,

Power Support USA:
http://www.powersupportusa.com/clear-air-jacket-set.html

If you want lower international shipping fee:
http://www.ide-home.com.au/ipad-3-new-ipad/power-support-air-jacket-for-new-ipad-3-clear-included-screen-protector/