PDA

View Full Version : Dust underneath screen protector

AppleOwl
Mar 17, 2012, 10:32 PM
Will this cause damage to the iPad screen after a while?

intofx
Mar 17, 2012, 10:34 PM
No

ejisfun
Mar 17, 2012, 10:34 PM
If it's just dust, no. If it's something like sand, maybe.

gigemzach
Mar 17, 2012, 10:49 PM
It shouldn't cause damage. What screen protector is it?

DaGrandMastah
Mar 17, 2012, 10:50 PM
No. There are ways to get rid of it. I learned this from someone on the forum (can't remember who). Basically take a piece of scotch tape and watch it to a corner to gently lift up the screen protector and use a 2nd piece of tape to take out the particle. I have done it countless times and always with 100% success. Some are more persistent then others but you can always get rid of them.

str8bucs
Mar 17, 2012, 10:55 PM
No. There are ways to get rid of it. I learned this from someone on the forum (can't remember who). Basically take a piece of scotch tape and watch it to a corner to gently lift up the screen protector and use a 2nd piece of tape to take out the particle. I have done it countless times and always with 100% success. Some are more persistent then others but you can always get rid of them.

just used this method and perfect everytime:D

AppleOwl
Mar 17, 2012, 11:08 PM
I have the SGP ultra crystal on. I used the scotch tape method and was able to get most of it off. However, there's still a few here and there that are only noticeable when the ipad is held at a certain angle under the light -- nothing that causes bubbles or affects the viewing experience.

I just wasn't sure if the dust that's trapped in there would cause it to scratch the screen over time...