PDA

View Full Version : Moko Slim Fit Folio: Near Perfect $10 Ipad 3 Case (Pix added)

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 06:53 AM
I just posted my review of this case on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CKLCSK

Rushed to get a case for launch of the 3rd gen IPad and settled with the Targus Vuscape, which in general design is extremely similar in functionality. But for > $40 felt like cheap thin vinyl over some puffy cushioning that seemed to deform with the slightest pressure. I was extremely happy to see the Moko offered later the same day of the launch, because I was extremely happy with their case for the Kindle Fire (which was much more solid than the similar Marware and Targus cases for the Fire). Even though the Moko's price is a ridiculously cheap $10 shipped, it feels much more substantial (solidly built - not overly heavy) than the Targus. Fit and finish is perfect. No sloppy stitching like on the Targus. The magnet on/off works!. It has the convenient elastic hand strap, and also has another small elastic strap to hold the case open. In stand mode, the positions are very solid and when put back, the case snaps on to the corners of the IPad with a satisfying grip that let's you know they won't slip out. Those corner grips are lined with material so you don't need to worry about scratching like some of the other cases that have plastic corner tabs. No it's not real leather, but it's a thick vinyl (unlike the Targus) that is textured like leather and really has the feel of leather. ****The only negative on this case is that it could use a third lower slot to angle the IPad a bit lower for typing. All in all I give it a 4/5.

What I didn't post in the review... I'm returning the Targus case for a refund. I also had pre-ordered a Incipio Lexington, which I'm now canceling.

UPDATE:
****Per below, there *is* a typing position, so now I can wholeheartedly say I give it a 5/5

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 07:51 AM
Pix...

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 07:51 AM
More...

DaGrandMastah
Mar 18, 2012, 08:57 AM
Damn not bad at all for 9.99. Love the strap. How much does it weigh?

jaziCo
Mar 18, 2012, 09:08 AM
This is awesome! Question: How many viewing angles are there ?

EDIT: NM I seen all the pictures on amazon (in details). So only two huh, shame if this thing had just one more for a really typing angle... I would be ALL over this!

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 09:18 AM
Damn not bad at all for 9.99. Love the strap. How much does it weigh?
According to our kitchen scale, it's 10.5 oz empty and 2lbs 1.7 oz with the IPad in it, but I can't say that our scale is 100% accurate.

----------

Just the two. You can see the indents in the first picture in post #3. That's the only short coming for me. It would benefit from an additional lower angled position for a bit better typing position.

reebs
Mar 18, 2012, 09:39 AM
Exactly what I was looking for! Style is similar to Marware CEO and Toblino 2. And $10 :eek: Thanks for posting!

----------

EDIT: NM I seen all the pictures on amazon (in details). So only two huh, shame if this thing had just one more for a really typing angle... I would be ALL over this!

If the design is same as other cases I mentioned above and it sure looks like it, there is a typing angle! Just let it go all the way to the edge towards clasp area in viewing angle mode. I'll see if I can find a pic. Not sure if I'm describing well :rolleyes:

reebs
Mar 18, 2012, 09:49 AM
Picture of typing angle on similar case

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GJ0BZA?is=300&qid=1332081763&sr=8-2&in=3

jaziCo
Mar 18, 2012, 09:55 AM
Picture of typing angle on similar case

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GJ0BZA?is=300&qid=1332081763&sr=8-2&in=3

DarkAether Can you try and confirm this for us!! Man if it's true :) Im all in

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 10:58 AM
Yes, I can confirm that the Moko can be slid to that same angle, but there's a slight bit of bounce when you type. Not to the point of being annoying, but it's not the rock solid hold of the slot positions. So, I guess I take back that reservation on typing angle....

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 11:02 AM
Typing angle

map1978
Mar 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
Just placed an order for this...for $10 it's a no brainer.

Thanks for sharing

pbateman.as
Mar 18, 2012, 11:30 AM
Just placed an order for this...for $10 it's a no brainer.

Thanks for sharing

Me too. Thanks!

DaQuickPG
Mar 18, 2012, 11:35 AM
Just got two, thanks for the tip and the pix.

lyceumHQ
Mar 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
Pretty much exactly what I'm after but not available in the UK.

map1978
Mar 18, 2012, 11:53 AM
Took me a few days but I'm gonna cancel my Lexington order too

EDIT: I'm not giving up just yet on my order lol

bobright
Mar 18, 2012, 12:11 PM
Question to the OP:

Do you think it would fit with a full body skin? Or is it extremely snug as is already?

eagleglen
Mar 18, 2012, 12:43 PM
Hard to believe this is so similar to the Marware CEO Hybrid. I was about to order their's for $50. Has anyone seem both first hand and can comment on how the quality compares? Are the designs exactly the same?

I had the CEO for the first iPad and really liked it. I too was disappointed in the bounce when using it in the typing angle. It's not that bad, but what I liked most about the case was how sturdy it was propped up at a viewing angle, so I wish the typing position was just as nice. The protection provided was also great, it made me feel as if the iPad was encased in armor.

I'm really interested in how these two compare. They could be made at the same factory and just branded differently.

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 12:59 PM
Question to the OP:

Do you think it would fit with a full body skin? Or is it extremely snug as is already?

It is snug. I suspect that the skin may get snagged a bit getting it in and out.

Tinmania
Mar 18, 2012, 01:03 PM
I just posted my review of this case on Amazon:

Thank you so much for posting this! I really appreciate it. Ordered it right away.

What a deal.

Michael

bruinsrme
Mar 18, 2012, 01:07 PM
my last $10 case was from monoprice. it has worked out extremely well but is worn. this should fit the bill.

thanks OP

St8kout
Mar 18, 2012, 01:09 PM
What a great find. Just ordered one myself. Amazon always gets me with that free shipping offer if your total is $25 (they know people like me hate to waste almost $9 shipping) so I added some stuff to get me to $25. Hey, there's always something I need more of:)

Even though they say 8-10 days for the free shipping option, it usually doesn't take any longer than standard shipping. Last week I ordered from them on Sunday night and got it the following Tuesday with free shipping, so you never know.

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hard to believe this is so similar to the Marware CEO Hybrid. I was about to order their's for $50. Has anyone seem both first hand and can comment on how the quality compares? Are the designs exactly the same?

I had the CEO for the first iPad and really liked it. I too was disappointed in the bounce when using it in the typing angle. It's not that bad, but what I liked most about the case was how sturdy it was propped up at a viewing angle, so I wish the typing position was just as nice. The protection provided was also great, it made me feel as if the iPad was encased in armor.

I'm really interested in how these two compare. They could be made at the same factory and just branded differently.

While I don't have the Marware CEO for the new Ipad, as I mentioned above, I did buy the Marware, Targus and Moko cases for the two Kindle Fire's that my wife and I own. The Marware is very similar to the fit, finish and general feel of the Moko. Only difference is supposedly the Marware for the Kindle is real leather (not the case for the IPad model) and doesn't have the lip at the edge of the flap to snap in place and relies on a long elastic instead (also not the case for the IPad model) - unfortunately this latter feature (or lack thereof) allowed the cover flap to not always be aligned with the edges, which made me concerned about how well it would protect in a drop. Again, the CEO for the new IPad is supposed to have a lip, so I wouldn't have that concern. I actually would have ordered the Marware pre-launch if they had offered something other than Carbon Fiber. Was pleasantly surprised that the Moko popped up on Amazon on Friday, so I snapped it up based on my experience with the Kindle version. Was even happier that it arrived the next day after ordering without paying for one day shipping. :)

srsbusiness
Mar 18, 2012, 01:19 PM
its at 15 now =[

N23
Mar 18, 2012, 01:20 PM
Word is out. $15.99 now.

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 01:20 PM
Well, looks like the company that makes/sells these is catching on and just bumped the price up six bucks.

rgr555
Mar 18, 2012, 01:43 PM
$16 is still a steal. I just purchased it with Amazon Prime so it's $16 shipped.

Having experience with factories in China and how production is made, I am sure this is 100% equivalent in quality from the brand name version by Marware. Most likely the same factories are producing the same mold just branded differently. They just made cosmetic changes on the front but production and construction as seen by the same materials of the inside are identical. Functionality/design is identical except closing latch. This also does look slimmer from the pictures.

I am returning my Marware CEO Hybrid for iPad 3 for a refund. $45 vs $16 is too good to pass up.

Thanks OP for sharing!

jaziCo
Mar 18, 2012, 02:07 PM
Thats good that I was able to get this in at $10 bux out the door with it being shipped with prime 2 day shipping! WOOT WOOT!

sfi6180
Mar 18, 2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks! This is fantastic!

eagleglen
Mar 18, 2012, 02:24 PM
Well, looks like the company that makes/sells these is catching on and just bumped the price up six bucks.

LOL... Hadn't placed my order yet, but it was in my "cart" and still priced at $10! Just hit confirm now.

Signed up for Amazon Prime also to get the faster shipping, but I'm positive I'll cancel within the month. Has anyone had a problem doing that?

So $9.99 out the door! Can't beat that anywhere. Thanks again for the heads up on this.

rgr555
Mar 18, 2012, 02:44 PM
LOL... Hadn't placed my order yet, but it was in my "cart" and still priced at $10! Just hit confirm now.

Signed up for Amazon Prime also to get the faster shipping, but I'm positive I'll cancel within the month. Has anyone had a problem doing that?

So $9.99 out the door! Can't beat that anywhere. Thanks again for the heads up on this.

$10 is a ridiculous steal! They are probably making a dollar or so in profits.

I would keep Prime. I order almost everything from Amazon now.

Steviejobz
Mar 18, 2012, 02:47 PM
too bad. the 60% price increase is making me look elsewhere.

Greedy company

eagleglen
Mar 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
For what it's worth, a similar case that I was considering, is the Scosche folio P2. It's on sale on their site for $30. It lacks the sleep/wake feature so that's why I passed on it. But it also has more slots in which to angle the iPad for viewing. That might be something others would find valuable. The white carbon fiber I bet looks good with the white iPad. Here is a link to it and a pic.

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2117

http://img.tapatalk.com/48c5f10f-3da2-cd93.jpg

Steviejobz
Mar 18, 2012, 03:08 PM
iPad 2 case will not support iPad 3 Sleep/Wake function. So it won't work.

Really? No wonder it was $10. Is this confirmed?

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 03:16 PM
iPad 2 case will not support iPad 3 Sleep/Wake function. So it won't work.

Assume you're referencing the Scosche. The function works fine on the Moko.

----------

Really? No wonder it was $10. Is this confirmed?

Wrong comment regarding wrong case. The Moko works fine.

DaveOP
Mar 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
Ordered mine today, thanks for the heads up. Even at 26 shipped two day it's cheaper than anything else I could find at that quality level.

coolbreeze
Mar 18, 2012, 03:39 PM
An identical design by "poetic." Looks like this design is pirated all over the place...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HBLXI8/

$15 shipped.

Save $15.00 on every 1 Poetic StrapBack Rigid Leather Wraped Case for the NEW iPad 3rd Gen Black you purchase offered by Exact-Deal. Enter code JW5TQRN9 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

lamonsas
Mar 18, 2012, 03:45 PM
these corner clamps looks ugly, for 10 bucks i would bite but they raised the price too much.

ill wait for my incipio lexington.

DarkAether
Mar 18, 2012, 03:47 PM
An identical design by "poetic." Looks like this design is pirated all over the place...

$15 shipped.

Save $15.00 on every 1 Poetic StrapBack Rigid Leather Wraped Case for the NEW iPad 3rd Gen Black you purchase offered by Exact-Deal. Enter code JW5TQRN9 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Close, but not identical. The Poetic doesn't appear to have the extra strap to keep the flap flat against the back when fully opened. You really need something like that to take advantage of the hand strap. Without it, it, it's going to swing open and closed in your hand.

gameboy213
Mar 18, 2012, 04:04 PM
Ordered

coolbreeze
Mar 18, 2012, 04:57 PM
Ordered as well. This plus Applecare+ beats an overpriced case any day.

theRick119
Mar 18, 2012, 05:04 PM
Ordered as well. This plus Applecare+ beats an overpriced case any day.

Same here. Thanks for the link original poster appreciate it

mikee336
Mar 18, 2012, 05:42 PM
Copied from coolipaduser in another thread:

Poetic StrapBack Rigid Leather Wraped Case with Multi-Stand Options for The NEW iPad (3rd generation) / iPad 3 / iPad HD BLACK - Support Auto Wake/Sleep Function

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-StrapBack-Leather-Multi-Stand-generation/dp/B007HBLXI8/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332098702&sr=1-3

14.95 USD After coupon code: JW5TQRN9

lamonsas
Mar 18, 2012, 05:46 PM
ur link doesnt work mike

mikee336
Mar 18, 2012, 06:11 PM
Fixed the link in my original post well FYI.

shyam09
Mar 18, 2012, 06:53 PM

It depends. Its about 80 bucks a year, and keep in mind Amazon might be charging sales tax in CA (damn you tax mongols, can't you leave Amazon alone!!], i think. I know i read it somewhere, but currently the only articles i can find says that Amazon has until the end of July to lobby Congress for a federal solution... otherwise starting september this year it's taxes for CA.

@OP, great find, i have a lovely $20 Amazon giftcard AND Amazon prime! i was debating between this and this one: http://www.amazon.com/splash-SAFARI-Slim-Profile-Leather-Generation/dp/B007I5E9Y8/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_in

by the looks of it, the second does seem quite good looking and only about $16, but it will be released on the 29th...anyway I am waiting form y local bestbuy to get some more white iPads!!

[would a white iPad and black case look any good, or should i go for black and black?]

ken94538
Mar 18, 2012, 06:54 PM
Why they raised the price when I am ordering it?

Macrumors must bring them tons of customers, so Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CKLCSK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=buysellmmo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007CKLCSK//url) raised the price from $10 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CKLCSK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=buysellmmo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007CKLCSK//url) to $15.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CKLCSK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=buysellmmo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007CKLCSK//url) when I am typing.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41v5LcZjNkL._AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CKLCSK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=buysellmmo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007CKLCSK//url)

map1978
Mar 18, 2012, 09:25 PM
Well there currently unavailable now :eek:

Glad I got in at the $10 price. Will have it on wednesday too :D

rgr555
Mar 18, 2012, 10:26 PM
prices go up when supply is low

its common practice

its only $6 too some of you people complaining are cheap as ****

this is resold as $50 product under established "Brand names"

sosnow
Mar 19, 2012, 03:51 PM
Got mine today.
It's a great buy for $10. But unlike others on this post I cannot get the on/off function to work. It appears that the corner clamps prevent the lid from fully closing. I also tried taking the the iPad out of the case and pressing it against the magnet area but that also did not work.
Iam also wandering if over time the clip on the cover will leave a mark.
I am going to try it for a few days and see how it goes. I figure I am only out 1 beer at a blackhawks game:)

reebs
Mar 19, 2012, 04:03 PM
Got mine today.
It's a great buy for $10. But unlike others on this post I cannot get the on/off function to work. It appears that the corner clamps prevent the lid from fully closing. I also tried taking the the iPad out of the case and pressing it against the magnet area but that also did not work.
I am going to try it for a few days and see how it goes. I figure I am only out 1 beer at a blackhawks game:)

Other than that feature, how do you like it?

Well it looks like it's going to be the luck of the draw on whose sleep/wake feature works or doesn't. It is only $10 though so even if mine doesn't work, I'll be okay with pressing the power button.

sosnow
Mar 19, 2012, 06:06 PM
Other than that feature, how do you like it?

Well it looks like it's going to be the luck of the draw on whose sleep/wake feature works or doesn't. It is only $10 though so even if mine doesn't work, I'll be okay with pressing the power button.

I like the case, but I would not have paid that much more. I don't like having to unlock the left side grips to put into the 2 stand placements. The 6 holders/grips seem a little too big, but for $10 I cannot complain too much.

I do like the overall thinness of the case. I come from a Portenzo case that I have been using for about 1 year and I am looking to go thin. The look and feel are very nice and construction seems solid.

jaziCo
Mar 20, 2012, 08:02 AM
Got mine today.

I hope mine does work.... It would totally suck if it didn't... When did you order yours ? How'd you get it so fast, ordered mine the same day OP posted with overnight shipping... And it's coming in today?

canyonblue737
Mar 20, 2012, 08:43 AM
Just got mine. Fit and finish is flawless, what a beautiful case, I have owned a ton for iPad 1 and 2 and this looks the most professional by FAR and is everything I always wanted, so pleased. The iPad is rock solid in all the screen positions and typing positions.

That said the magnet on off does not work at all I am sad to say. I never used the feature even when I had a smart cover so it does not effect me, but the smart cover feature when I turned it on completely doesn't work at all, not even intermittent, so if you wanted that it is a deal breaker.

The case design and quality at this price, if you don't want the magnet on/off, is the best I have ever, ever seen.

colin15
Mar 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
Has anyone else here aside from the OP received the case with the sleep/wake function working?

My order is still being processed but will be cancelling if it's likely that the sleep/wake function doesn't work.

jaziCo
Mar 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
Just got mine. Fit and finish is flawless, what a beautiful case, I have owned a ton for iPad 1 and 2 and this looks the most professional by FAR and is everything I always wanted, so pleased. The iPad is rock solid in all the screen positions and typing positions.

That said the magnet on off does not work at all I am sad to say. I never used the feature even when I had a smart cover so it does not effect me, but the smart cover feature when I turned it on completely doesn't work at all, not even intermittent, so if you wanted that it is a deal breaker.

The case design and quality at this price, if you don't want the magnet on/off, is the best I have ever, ever seen.

The way you describe it, im keeping it regardless! I would of loved for the sleep/wake function to work... Oh well!

sosnow
Mar 20, 2012, 09:33 AM
I received this email this morning, so it looks like they are being proactive with any defective case.
Dear Customers:

We are writing to thank you for your recent purchase of our "MoKo
Slim-Fit Folio Case for the New IPad (3rd generation)" and would like
to hear your feedback on our product and service. If there is anything
about this transaction or our case that did not meet your expectation,
please do let us know by REPLYING *TO THIS EMAIL and give us the
chance to make things right for you.

We do understand that many of you are concerned about the "Smart cover
auto sleep/wake" functionality of our case. We want to let you know
that our case does have the right design for new Ipad and the
sleep/wake function should work well , as tested by us and confirmed
by some reviewers on amazon. However, *We did notice one review on
amazon reporting a defective case. *We do believe this is an isolated
occurrence but we have taken measures to inspect our existing
inventory so no defective case will get shipped in the future. *And in
case you did receive a defective one , please do contact us before you
initiate a return and we will issue a "no hassle" replacement.

And if you are pleased with our case, please share your experience
with other customers to help them make a more informed purchase
decision, by leaving a product review on Amazon:

www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B007CKLCSK

Again, we want o thank you for your business. We understand you have
many choices and appreciate your choosing MoKo case to protect you
Ipad. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we need to
do to make this purchase a right one for you.

Best Regards,

Jim Pollak
from BSCstore on Amazon

canyonblue737
Mar 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
all I can say is I love the fit and finish of the case and the sleep wake function does not work at all. I tried with an apple smart cover and it worked fine so the issue is with the case. i still love it, but I would love it more with the sleep wake function working.

reebs
Mar 20, 2012, 10:18 AM
^ Great! Mine hasn't shipped yet so I should receive one with sleep/wake feature that works!

TB07-NJ
Mar 20, 2012, 10:31 AM

$15 shipped.

Save $15.00 on every 1 Poetic StrapBack Rigid Leather Wraped Case for the NEW iPad 3rd Gen Black you purchase offered by Exact-Deal. Enter code JW5TQRN9 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply) Now $30 Never mind found coupon code.

canyonblue737
Mar 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
nice part of my moko case is there is no logo of any kind unlike the poetic version... if they will replace my defective sleep/wake version in the near future without a big hassle that will great but if i have to start boxing this to "exchange" it etc. i will live it with because i love it and hopefully in 6 months when they are selling it for $10 again and working right i'll just buy another.

TB07-NJ
Mar 20, 2012, 10:36 AM
- Duplicate

canyonblue737
Mar 20, 2012, 10:40 AM
sosnow: i never got that email and i received my case today. not sure how to contact the seller, can you post the email address to respond to? thanks...

Tinmania
Mar 20, 2012, 10:56 AM
Well mine is "out for delivery" this morning so should be able to check on the magnet issue soon. I use a passcode so it is not as important for me but still saves a button press.

Still can't believe I ordered this on Sunday for ten bucks with normal shipping and am getting it today. I almost went for next-day delivery, which would have been delivered today too. Glad I passed on it (saved a whopping 3.99 lol).

Michael

sosnow
Mar 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
sosnow: i never got that email and i received my case today. not sure how to contact the seller, can you post the email address to respond to? thanks...

I ordered through amazon. The BSCstore

I did respond this morning, but no reply back yet

bobright
Mar 20, 2012, 12:28 PM
So they aren't 10.00 anymore right?? Showing up as 15.99 for me

DaveOP
Mar 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
Mine arrived today. The sleep wake definitely works. It's a nice feeling material and should travel well. The part that secures the case when closed is a snug fit and will not open accidentally, but seems like it'll need to be worn in a bit.

map1978
Mar 20, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mine arrived today. The sleep wake definitely works. It's a nice feeling material and should travel well. The part that secures the case when closed is a snug fit and will not open accidentally, but seems like it'll need to be worn in a bit.

Good to know

Hopefully mines works too...it comes tomorrow

Will post back with HQ pics too:D

jaziCo
Mar 20, 2012, 01:40 PM

WTF is up with my luck... I just got mine in this morning.. and I can confirm that it DOES not work at all, as if there are no magnets to begin with.... other than that.. you guys will like this case.. Im gonna contact customer support and see what they have to say..

bobright
Mar 20, 2012, 01:46 PM
How snug fitting is it guys would a body skin fit on the back?

jaziCo
Mar 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
How snug fitting is it guys would a body skin fit on the back?

I mean the fit is just about right (it may be possible), but I think your bigger problem would be the clips they have to clip in too, I can see how that would affect the body skin...

burns3
Mar 20, 2012, 01:59 PM
got mine today, sleep does not work, unless I'm missing something in Settings to activate it. Still a decent case.

rgr555
Mar 20, 2012, 02:00 PM
that sucks

i hope my sleep on/off works tomorrow when i get it

i have a feeling it wont considering Apple didn't even tell the big name manufacturers (my Marware which I am returning does not work)

new owners please post pics of slim profile

TB07-NJ
Mar 20, 2012, 02:03 PM
So they aren't 10.00 anymore right?? Showing up as 15.99 for me $21. $16 + $5 shipping and no Amazon Prime or even free shipping after a $25 purchase.

burns3
Mar 20, 2012, 02:12 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/jk7rk0.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/m94qxh.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2e1wzv8.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/vg37ea.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nrubb.jpg

TB07-NJ
Mar 20, 2012, 02:36 PM
Will the case fold fully flat back on on itself?

DaveOP
Mar 20, 2012, 03:07 PM
I am going crazy about this case. I love how it feels and looks. It's EXTREMELY solid and feels well built. I love the angles when it's open and propped. I am very pleased at it with the price I paid, and the shipping even showed up a day early. That said, I hate the latch so much!! It feels too tight and I wonder if it'll wear down that part of the iPad after a while. The sleep/wake activates before my latch is even on, probably an inch away from the iPad itself, so if you have one that works, you'll know. It's an extremely strong magnet it seems, which I actually really like. I'd give the case a solid 8/10. I'll definitely keep it, may just see if I can bend or cut the latch to allow it to close easier.

Boyiee
Mar 20, 2012, 03:29 PM
$21. $16 + $5 shipping and no Amazon Prime or even free shipping after a $25 purchase.

I got mine for 16 with amazon prime so free 2day shipping, it even got here a day early.

Also, my auto on/off works flawlessly. Not sure why anyone is having problems.

burns3
Mar 20, 2012, 03:39 PM
Will the case fold fully flat back on on itself?

There's a small strap on the back that you can loop over the latch when folded back. Not sure how long the elastic on the strap will remain taut.

http://i43.tinypic.com/14bqh54.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ecqbo6.jpg

----------

I got mine for 16 with amazon prime so free 2day shipping, it even got here a day early.

After you put it on, did the sleep/wake on/off appear in Settings?

Boyiee
Mar 20, 2012, 04:02 PM
After you put it on, did the sleep/wake on/off appear in Settings?

I never had to go into settings to change it, it just automatically started working but yes, there is an option in general settings that appeared (I never noticed it before).

jaziCo
Mar 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
All those with working cases really lucked out.... My case has 0 magnets in it... I tested it with separate magnets...

Question for those with working cases: what packaging did your case come in? Was it just normal clear bag?

Boyiee
Mar 20, 2012, 04:21 PM
Yepp

TB07-NJ
Mar 20, 2012, 04:41 PM

Also, my auto on/off works flawlessly. Not sure why anyone is having problems. No more prime on that item (at least as of an hour or so ago). It's $5 shipping.

burns3
Mar 20, 2012, 04:42 PM
I never had to go into settings to change it, it just automatically started working but yes, there is an option in general settings that appeared (I never noticed it before).

After some research, I found out that the option isn't in Settings until it gets activated, which I was able to do with a regular magnet. Unfortunately, my case still doesn't work.

TB07-NJ
Mar 20, 2012, 04:42 PM
There's a small strap on the back that you can loop over the latch when folded back. Not sure how long the elastic on the strap will remain taut. Thanks!

burns3
Mar 20, 2012, 04:59 PM
Just got a reply email from the Seller. They're sending a replacement case and no need to return the one I have.

jaziCo
Mar 20, 2012, 05:19 PM
Just got a reply email from the Seller. They're sending a replacement case and no need to return the one I have.

That's awesome.... EDIT: Btw how did you contact the seller... Through the email provided on this forum... Or through amazon directly...

Btw guys I'm starting use this case (in class) and I must say its totally great... This coming from a Targus Slim Case... The functionality on this case is really good...

aceweil
Mar 20, 2012, 05:23 PM

I am having the same issue with mine. No magnet at all:( How did you contact them? Did you just email them through BSCstore on amazon or did you have an email address that you contacted them through? I feel like i've got the worst luck around. First the Maroo, and now this one....

lovespicyfood
Mar 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
Too bad this case is over $20 now with shipping. :( I so would have bought one for $10!

burns3
Mar 20, 2012, 05:33 PM
That's awesome.... EDIT: Btw how did you contact the seller... Through the email provided on this forum... Or through amazon directly...

Through Amazon

TB07-NJ
Mar 20, 2012, 05:34 PM
Too bad this case is over $20 now with shipping. :( I so would have bought one for $10!

You still can. Go to Amazonlocal.com and sign up for the $10 gift card for $5 deal (expires tonight).

Tomorrow, when you get the gift code purchase the "Poetic" case (it's identical http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HBLXI8/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details#productPromotions) for $29.95 less $15.00 with their coupon code JW5TQRN9 at checkout. It's now $10 and no shipping charges. Same exact case.

jaziCo
Mar 20, 2012, 05:44 PM
Through Amazon

This might be a dumb question, but how did you contact through amazon, I went over to my orders page, I would be able to leave feedback (for product & packaging) and return the item... No simple just contact seller?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: never mind just got a reply back saying they will send me a new one when there is more in stock, and that I can keep the old one. Btw I just replied to the follow up email the company sent me directly!

aucuba11527
Mar 20, 2012, 05:57 PM
This might be a dumb question, but how did you contact through amazon, I went over to my orders page, I would be able to leave feedback (for product & packaging) and return the item... No simple just contact seller?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: never mind just got a reply back saying they will send me a new one when there is more in stock, and that I can keep the old one. Btw I just replied to the follow up email the company sent me directly!

I received an email from them before I had even opened my package from Amazon!!!. One of the cases auto on/off features works and the other doesn't. I advised them by replying to their email and within ten minutes they responded saying they would send out a replacement as soon as they had stock and I can keep the 'faulty" one as a back up. The case is very well made, great price and fantastic customer service - you really can't beat this.

DarkAether
Mar 20, 2012, 06:25 PM
You still can. Go to Amazonlocal.com and sign up for the $10 gift card for $5 deal (expires tonight).

Tomorrow, when you get the gift code purchase the "Poetic" case (it's identical http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HBLXI8/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details#productPromotions) for $29.95 less $15.00 with their coupon code JW5TQRN9 at checkout. It's now $10 and no shipping charges. Same exact case.

That is not correct. As stated previously, the Poetic is very similar, but it's NOT the same. It's missing an important feature: it doesn't have the strap to keep the cover secured to the back when fully open (see pix in post #79). Without the ability to keep the flap secured, when you use the handstrap, the section with the Ipad may swing around leading to the possibility of the IPad coming out of the case.

DarkAether
Mar 20, 2012, 06:39 PM
Hey folks, original poster here. Glad many of you were able to get in on the $10 deal, but it's unfortunate that some of you have had magnet related QC issues. Good to see that the seller is saying that they'll take care of your issues. Hopefully once they get through with the re-check on their inventory and replacing the defective cases they'll start stocking Amazon again, because I still believe this is one of the best cases out there at this point and significantly cheaper than the Belkin/Targus/Marware and other big names.

vgtek
Mar 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
Got my case today, and it works great (Auto On/Off seems to work fine on mine). My only gripe is having to unclamp the ends to put the iPad into the various viewing angles. Other than that, love the thin profile and feel and look of the case.

TB07-NJ
Mar 20, 2012, 07:32 PM
That is not correct. As stated previously, the Poetic is very similar, but it's NOT the same. It's missing an important feature: it doesn't have the strap to keep the cover secured to the back when fully open (see pix in post #79). Without the ability to keep the flap secured, when you use the handstrap, the section with the Ipad may swing around leading to the possibility of the IPad coming out of the case. Ohhh mmmyyy! I have had a similar case on my iPad 2 and it didn't have a strap either and the snap-in clips that hold the pad is so tight it's not falling out. But if that is the case (no pun intended) I've invested a mere $10. It's been shipped so I'll find out soon enough. Maybe the design shown in the photo has changed. Anyone here actually have one? Besides, very few cases I have seen have any means of holding the back down including the $60 Marware case I returned which was the same sort of design. I don't see it as a major issue and frankly I prefer the look without the thick added material.

tabcases
Mar 20, 2012, 07:34 PM
Word is out. $15.99 now.

Supply and demand, I doubt they can make any money for just 9.99

aceweil
Mar 20, 2012, 07:42 PM
I received an email from them before I had even opened my package from Amazon!!!. One of the cases auto on/off features works and the other doesn't. I advised them by replying to their email and within ten minutes they responded saying they would send out a replacement as soon as they had stock and I can keep the 'faulty" one as a back up. The case is very well made, great price and fantastic customer service - you really can't beat this.

Could you or anyone else who received the email provide the address which you replied to? I for whatever reason never got the email, but have a case with no sleep/wake function. I tried emailing the company through the item I purchased, but have not heard back. Anyone have the email address which they received?
Thanks!

Tinmania
Mar 20, 2012, 08:16 PM
Could you or anyone else who received the email provide the address which you replied to? I for whatever reason never got the email, but have a case with no sleep/wake function. I tried emailing the company through the item I purchased, but have not heard back. Anyone have the email address which they received?
Thanks!

I got the email from them without doing anything. It was sent pro-actively apparently.

Michael

aceweil
Mar 20, 2012, 08:29 PM
I got the email from them without doing anything. It was sent pro-actively apparently.

Michael

Could you give me the address that it was sent from? Would really appreciate it

Tinmania
Mar 20, 2012, 09:43 PM
Could you give me the address that it was sent from? Would really appreciate it

BSCstore - Amazon Marketplace <c2s5j5r6pq4xn0n@marketplace.amazon.com>

Michael

Tinmania
Mar 20, 2012, 10:11 PM
Well I finally got my case delivered. It arrived at 7:50PM.

All I can say is.... WOW. I am very impressed by the quality of this case. The corner pieces are nowhere near as large as some of the photos make them seem. I can't believe this thing was 9.99 delivered.

Michael

rgr555
Mar 20, 2012, 10:14 PM
people need to know it's exactly the same as Marware CEO. Same factory produces them, just with slight cosmetic changes.http://www.amazon.com/Marware-C-E-O-Hybrid-Black-602956007722/dp/B004R6JQV2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332299577&sr=8-2

Obviously it is GREAT case with 4.5/5 150+ reviews on Amazon, so don't be surprised unless you have prejudice and ASSUME this case is supposed to be bad just because of the price.

yeahright
Mar 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
Ordered iPad 3 Case By POETIC - StrapBack Rigid Leather Wrapped Case. looks good on video

Video from the manufacturer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9vT8va8Drw

map1978
Mar 20, 2012, 11:02 PM
Ordered iPad 3 Case By POETIC - StrapBack Rigid Leather Wrapped Case. looks good on video

It's the exact same case isn't this? :confused:

Mine should be here tomorrow and the Lexington by Friday. Just hope one of them work with the sleep/wake function. :rolleyes:

Firocity
Mar 20, 2012, 11:11 PM

I just bought the Poetic strapback caas well for $14.95 with a coupon code. Looking forward to my iPad having a stand and not being naked :D

bobright
Mar 20, 2012, 11:51 PM
Edit: double post

bobright
Mar 21, 2012, 12:04 AM
I mean the fit is just about right (it may be possible), but I think your bigger problem would be the clips they have to clip in too, I can see how that would affect the body skin...

Right, well are the clips at least bendable/flexible? Are they TPU or hard plastic?

srsbusiness
Mar 21, 2012, 01:49 AM
Just like everyone else said..
Good quality
Even for 15.99..

Too bad my magnet doesnt work.. I should be able to get a replacement though.

eagleglen
Mar 21, 2012, 02:22 AM
Received mine today and very pleased, particularly having paid $9.99 shipped. It was ordered Sunday and received Tuesday, a day earlier than promised. I'm also pleased to say that my wake feature seems to work fine. Must have been lucky. I had gotten the vendors email warning that there might be a problem. That type of proactive response is refreshing. Those of you who do receive a defective case, it sounds like they plan to rectify the situation as fast as possible and it's nice you don't have to mail the case back first.

Like others, I'm impressed with the quality of materials and construction. However, my camera hole is slightly off center. If this was a $60 case, that would be unacceptable. In this case (pun intended) I don't mind. Photos taken with the case on seem to have no obstruction, so it's simply cosmetic. I've taken a photo to show what I mean. Btw, I think taking the case off if you intend to take a lot of pictures would be wise, since the back cover hangs open when you use the camera.

I'm glad the clamps on the corners and the latch are a tight grip. I'm a bit worried that the padding on them might wear and start to scratch the device. Not a critical concern but something to keep an eye on.

Finally, I must say that the case feels very pleasant to hold. The feel of the faux leather is nice and the slim design is appealing. Very satisfied. Thanks again OP.

http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4dcd5-81b3-b908.jpg

TB07-NJ
Mar 21, 2012, 06:42 AM
people need to know it's exactly the same as Marware CEO. Same factory produces them, just with slight cosmetic changes.http://www.amazon.com/Marware-C-E-O-Hybrid-Black-602956007722/dp/B004R6JQV2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332299577&sr=8-2

Obviously it is GREAT case with 4.5/5 150+ reviews on Amazon, so don't be surprised unless you have prejudice and ASSUME this case is supposed to be bad just because of the price.

Actually, as someone pointed out to me a few messages back, it's not the same as the Marware. The Marware is more like the Poetic version of the Moko case. The Poetic and the Marware both lack the bulky elastic strap that hold the case back on itself. Doesn't matter to me, but just for the sake of "full disclosure."

I ordered the "Poetic " version which also cost me $10 after my $5 Amazon gift card I got from the "Amazonlocal.com" promo.

rirawin
Mar 21, 2012, 07:52 AM
How is typing on the case, since it doesn't from what I seen have an easy angle to type except just view stuff on?.

bruinsrme
Mar 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
get mine today.

lem3u
Mar 21, 2012, 10:22 AM
I got mine today as well. The sleep/wake function works. Ordered it on Sunday afternoon, right after the price jumped to $15.99. Excellent case for the price paid.

canyonblue737
Mar 21, 2012, 10:39 AM

Because some of the cases literally have no magnet sewn in. Some errors in construction.

reebs
Mar 21, 2012, 10:55 AM
Because some of the cases literally have no magnet sewn in. Some errors in construction.

Nope it's a polarity issue. Search forums.

risenshine85
Mar 21, 2012, 11:51 AM
so poetic is same as moko?
how is the typing angle on this... seems good for view angles.

DaQuickPG
Mar 21, 2012, 12:23 PM
Can the latch scratch the screen? I wonder if i can cut it off

bobright
Mar 21, 2012, 12:25 PM

I've been wondering the same thing wether or not the clips are somewhat soft and expandable easily?

DaQuickPG
Mar 21, 2012, 12:31 PM

I apologize i meeant the internal strap

Ladybug
Mar 21, 2012, 12:45 PM
I got mine today as well. The sleep/wake function works. Ordered it on Sunday afternoon, right after the price jumped to $15.99. Excellent case for the price paid.

Price still showed as $15.99 yesterday and as soon as I added it to the cart, Amazon informed me that the price was now $19.99. Not a bad price, but seems kind of odd that they would keep increasing the price like that. Will hold off ordering until I make up mind exactly what I want. Do love the looks of these cases though.

Tinmania
Mar 21, 2012, 01:09 PM
However, my camera hole is slightly off center. If this was a $60 case, that would be unacceptable. In this case (pun intended) I don't mind. Photos taken with the case on seem to have no obstruction, so it's simply cosmetic.

Hey that is nothing compared to this guy's marware version:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B004R6JQV2/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

His photos obviously would be obstructed (half the camera is blocked!).

Michael

----------

I apologize i meeant the internal strap

Well all of them--of these look-a-likes--have that strap and it doesn't seem like an issue.

Michael

map1978
Mar 21, 2012, 01:39 PM
Just got my case today and it is simply awesome! Sleep/wake function works perfectly, and don't know what everyone is talking about, but the latch closes and opens perfectly and feels secure. The 2 left side grips comes off super easy to adjust to the 2 angles. The finish of the case is great (even at the $20 price point currently).

It's slim, professional, and just looks outstanding. Also, LOVE that there's no logo embossing anywhere. Only gripe would be the sleep/wake button is a little close to the case to push...which doesn't matter much since the case uses the sleep/wake magnet function.

Let's see how this compares to the Lexington (which is now known to not work properly with the sleep/wake feature) when I get it tomorrow, but this case seems like the keeper for only $10.

Here are some pics...enjoy :D

rirawin
Mar 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
Worried about this...

When used only as a case, the new ipad fits perfectly BUT when you use the stand function, you have to make sure the ipad does not slip out of the case.

Can anyone confirm this?.

map1978
Mar 21, 2012, 02:36 PM
Worried about this...

Can anyone confirm this?.

Yeah I can...the iPad wont slip out, it's really secure IMO

Will be doing a proper review after a few days of usage.

DoubleVision
Mar 21, 2012, 02:38 PM
Received it today...sleep/wake function does not work but otherwise is very nice.

eagleglen
Mar 21, 2012, 02:49 PM
Does anyone else think the hand strap is pretty useless? I've tried using the it, and although a better grip on the ipad would be nice, the strap, the way it's sewn onto the back cover, doesn't feel comfortable to use at all. I wish there was a ridge for another viewing position instead.

Tinmania
Mar 21, 2012, 03:03 PM
Yea I can't see me using the strap much. That seems to be for reading or other one-handed operation while walking around. Maybe I will be in a situation where it will be useful but hard to think how at the moment. I could definitely do without the rear strap thing.

Michael

raholland
Mar 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
I got mine today, and the automatic wake/sleep function DOES work.

I don't like the hand strap ... I think it should be covered in something softer, because it makes contact with the screen when the case is closed.

My 3rd gen iPad fits securely and does not seem to be any danger of moving around or falling out.

Overall I think this is a good value.

Tinmania
Mar 21, 2012, 04:08 PM
I got mine today, and the automatic wake/sleep function DOES work.

I don't like the hand strap ... I think it should be covered in something softer, because it makes contact with the screen when the case is closed.

My 3rd gen iPad fits securely and does not seem to be any danger of moving around or falling out.

Overall I think this is a good value.

I don't think the strap itself is hard enough to scratch the screen at all.

But I would be careful about dirt or something gritty getting stuck in the weaving--that could then scratch the screen.

If it looks like it is a problem I will just cut it off.

Michael

jaziCo
Mar 21, 2012, 04:17 PM
Nope it's a polarity issue. Search forums.

In most cases it's a polarity issue. With this one, it's not... These defective cases actaully have ZERO magnets in them!

map1978
Mar 21, 2012, 04:20 PM
In most cases it's a polarity issue. With this one, it's not... These defective cases actaully have ZERO magnets in them!

Your probably right

Mine works flawlessly, but here's an email they sent me to thanks for the purchase. This is the second paragraph...

We do understand that many of you are concerned about the "Smart cover
auto sleep/wake" functionality of our case. We want to let you know
that our case does have the right design for new Ipad and the
sleep/wake function should work well , as tested by us and confirmed
by some reviewers on amazon. However, *we are now aware of the fact that
this function may fail to work on a few of our cases due to an
manufacturing error in one production batch. We are very sorry for the
situation and have taken *measures to improve quality control in our
future shipments. And in case you did receive a defective one , please
do contact us before you initiate a return and we will issue a "no
hassle" replacement.

Thrilledge
Mar 21, 2012, 04:38 PM

Where is the white one?

Tinmania
Mar 21, 2012, 05:01 PM
Nope. Mine has the problem and it is definitely polarity. I can take the case off and the outside of it triggers on/off but no way from the inside.

Michael

----------

Nope. Mine has the problem and it is definitely polarity. I can take the case off and the outside of it triggers on/off but no way from the inside.

OK I emailed and got a very quick reply:

"Dear Michael:

Yes, the polarity is the issue on your case and we have fixed it on all our future shipments.

And we will be shipping a correct case to you by the end of thisweek. You can keep the currently case ,as a lay over unit or use it on a Ipad 2.

Sorry for the inconvenience, Jim"

Michael

rgr555
Mar 21, 2012, 05:06 PM
Received mine and the sleep function does not work. Disappointed since some people aren't having any problems.

But I'm happy with the fitment and even happier with the value.

I emailed the store and will get their fixed version and keep it.

Black.Ice.
Mar 21, 2012, 05:14 PM
Just received the case today. Everything is working great except for the magnet. Already sent them an email about it and hope to get a replacement soon.

Im trying to get the typing angle setup but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. The angle is very low, as the fold doesn't seem to be standing up correctly. Any suggestions?

http://i42.tinypic.com/ri4s91.jpg

DoubleVision
Mar 21, 2012, 05:21 PM
yeah i tested mine, and it appears mine lacks a magnet altogether. It will not sleep no matter which way i close the lid, even if i do the opposite when testing polarity. Tried waving a magnet to see if it stuck anywhere onto the case, and it did not. So in my case, I am inclined to believe that it lacks a magnet altogether but in any event i am hoping to get a replacement and i will keep it.

vgtek
Mar 21, 2012, 05:38 PM
So I need to go back on my post a little

I ordered two, one for my wife and one for me. I tested only one and the Auto On/Off function worked. Only gripe was the tight clamps on the left side which when released from the iPad let you put it into the various viewing angles.

I decided to test my wife's case and saw that the Auto On/Off did NOT work. But I also noticed the clamps on the left side released a lot easier than on mine.

I emailed them back asking for replacements on both...

Update: The replacements I got were a lot easier to release the iPad from, and the edges look great.

rgr555
Mar 21, 2012, 05:40 PM
once i get my fixed sleep/on/off replacement my only gripe will be that the power button seems a bit obstructed by the corner of the case, not that i'll even use that button but surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

bruinsrme
Mar 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
Got mine today.

The closure clip is pretty tight I can see it leaving a mark after a while.

I am not sure a screen and back film protectors would fair well.

DoubleVision
Mar 21, 2012, 06:34 PM
Speaking of, has anyone put a screen protector on yet and used this case? If so how compatible is it and how has it worked? Has the screen protector held up alright? I ordered a Ghost Armor case friendly one so i think it should be fine, but wanted to hear other opinions.

map1978
Mar 21, 2012, 08:20 PM
once i get my fixed sleep/on/off replacement my only gripe will be that the power button seems a bit obstructed by the corner of the case, not that i'll even use that button but surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

That's my only gripe

I mentioned that on the previous page with my pics

VitaliyT
Mar 21, 2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks guys, I ordered this!!::rolleyes:

Copied from coolipaduser in another thread:

Poetic StrapBack Rigid Leather Wraped Case with Multi-Stand Options for The NEW iPad (3rd generation) / iPad 3 / iPad HD BLACK - Support Auto Wake/Sleep Function

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-StrapBack-Leather-Multi-Stand-generation/dp/B007HBLXI8/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332098702&sr=1-3

14.95 USD After coupon code: JW5TQRN9

rgr555
Mar 21, 2012, 09:17 PM

I ordered two, one for my wife and one for me. I tested only one and the Auto On/Off function worked. Only gripe was the tight clamps on the left side which when released from the iPad let you put it into the various viewing angles.

I decided to test my wife's case and saw that the Auto On/Off did NOT work. But I also noticed the clamps on the left side released a lot easier than on mine. I decided to take a closer look at the edges of my iPad and saw there was a small nick in the aluminum (this is a brand new iPad). So I believe there should be some concern for wear and tear on the iPad on the two left corners if you're constantly taking it out to put into the viewing angle slots.

update: adding picture of scratch in case anyone interested:

Image (http://i41.tinypic.com/351v9ef.jpg)

Yikes that really sucks. If its too tight I would use pliers to bend it a bit. It's adjustable.

ddublu
Mar 21, 2012, 09:24 PM
Yikes that really sucks. If its too tight I would use pliers to bend it a bit. It's adjustable.

Are you sure they can be adjusted? Seems like they are hard molded plastic.

rgr555
Mar 21, 2012, 09:31 PM

Actually I am not sure. But I did adjust with my hands. Not sure about flex from pliers though.

map1978
Mar 22, 2012, 01:04 AM

I wouod like to point out that the internal strap doesn't touch the screen when closed. When the case is closed, the iPad rests on the 2 middle knobs so nothing touches the glass.

Hope this helps

This case is definitely a keeper...prob will stop searching now

DarkAether
Mar 22, 2012, 07:37 AM
Heads up. The Moko case is back in stock at Amazon (eligible for Prime/free shipping), albeit at the $15.99 price.

srsbusiness
Mar 22, 2012, 10:42 AM
Got my case. Responded to the email saying my magnet don't work..
Heres the response I got..

Dear XXXXX :

I am sorry for that. We will be shipping a working replacement to you as soon
as we have it back in stock. You can keep the current case , as a
layover unit or use it on a ipad 2 in the future.

Overall I'm satisfied. Only thing that is worrying me.. is the possibility of the clamps scratching the ipad.. as the previous poster above stated.
other than that.. I'm happy

citivolus
Mar 22, 2012, 12:35 PM
Does this case have any smell at all from the fake leather?

Tinmania
Mar 22, 2012, 12:39 PM
Good to see they have stock again. So far very happy with this seller.

Amazon, however, seems to have a major glitch in its vendor email system. I have gotten several emails from Amazon for other people, listing their email accounts, who apparently tried to email the vendor through regular email and not at amazon.com.

We have received email(s) from ######@###.com, which is not registered with your Amazon account. Please re-send the email from your email account that is registered with Amazon.com or contact the seller via our website instead.
(Obviously I blocked out the actual email address... but I strongly suspect it is from another buyer--maybe even from this thread. Anyone here named Fred? lol)

So far I have received 3 of these messages from Amazon--none with my email address. Plus I have communicated with the vendor at Amazon.com not direct email.

Michael

----------

Fake leather??? Whoa get with the times.

It's vegetarian leather!!!

But seriously, it does have an aroma but not strong and not like true leather.

Michael

bobright
Mar 22, 2012, 12:42 PM

I decided to test my wife's case and saw that the Auto On/Off did NOT work. But I also noticed the clamps on the left side released a lot easier than on mine. I decided to take a closer look at the edges of my iPad and saw there was a small nick in the aluminum (this is a brand new iPad). So I believe there should be some concern for wear and tear on the iPad on the two left corners if you're constantly taking it out to put into the viewing angle slots.

update: adding picture of scratch in case anyone interested:

Image (http://i41.tinypic.com/351v9ef.jpg)

Yikes what cases were your guys the Moko or Poetic? judging from these posts a body skin won't work with either shame

Thrilledge
Mar 22, 2012, 10:14 PM

I was going to order this one as well. But does it have a typing position?

yeahright
Mar 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
I was going to order this one as well. But does it have a typing position?

Yes, it does. see post #11
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14554057&postcount=11

jaziCo
Mar 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
Hi, #####:

Yes, we will be shipping your replacement tomorrow. Thanks, JIm

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM, ##### - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:
Hey I noticed you guys got more in stock.. do you have time frame as to when replacement shipments will come out ? Thanks in advance ?

:)

DaQuickPG
Mar 23, 2012, 05:19 PM
Horrible case and I don't even care that the off/on doesn't work. Clasps are so bad and will scratch the iPad eventually. It's going back. I guess smart cover it is.

jaziCo
Mar 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
Horrible case and I don't even care that the off/on doesn't work. Clasps are so bad and will scratch the iPad eventually. It's going back. I guess smart cover it is.

I guess some people are getting different variations of the case.. I have been using the case extensively, in multiple viewing angles.. and not a single scratch yet.. event he strap inside the case use to hold front cover held back is of good construction (I feared after much use it would get loose) but after a couple of minutes, the strap becomes tight new again. All in all I Love this case!

TB07-NJ
Mar 23, 2012, 10:55 PM
I was going to order this one as well. But does it have a typing position? As the previous poster says, yes it does but because it rests on the front closure clip it is bouncy to type on. For the $10 I paid for it, it's a steal (I had a amazonlocal $5 gift card) but it's not going to be my "permanent" case. It's too thick and too heavy for my taste but for $15 shipped it's a real bargain.

I don't like the front clip to hold it closed. It's simple to use just a nuisance to have to unclip & clip. The sleep function works perfectly.

Bottom line is it is a great case for the price but I'm still waiting for the Joy Factory SmartSuit3.

Also this thread is getting confusing over WHICH case we are talking about. :)

Thrilledge
Mar 24, 2012, 12:33 AM
As the previous poster says, yes it does but because it rests on the front closure clip it is bouncy to type on. For the $10 I paid for it, it's a steal (I had a amazonlocal $5 gift card) but it's not going to be my "permanent" case. It's too thick and too heavy for my taste but for $15 shipped it's a real bargain.

I don't like the front clip to hold it closed. It's simple to use just a nuisance to have to unclip & clip. The sleep function works perfectly.

Bottom line is it is a great case for the price but I'm still waiting for the Joy Factory SmartSuit3.

Also this thread is getting confusing over WHICH case we are talking about. :)

Are you talking about the Poetic Strapback? Thats what I was asking about? I'm curious about the typing position on it

doboy
Mar 24, 2012, 02:14 AM
FYI: Monoprice sells a very similar item, albeit it's not in stock until April. However, they have lifetime warranty on their non-electric products. Highly recommend the company.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10849&cs_id=1084902&p_id=8855&seq=1&format=2#description

They also have several different cases and cables for iPad/iPhone.

TB07-NJ
Mar 24, 2012, 07:46 AM
Are you talking about the Poetic Strapback? Thats what I was asking about? I'm curious about the typing position on it Yes. Getting very confusing around here. :)

This one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HBLXI8/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

gameboy213
Mar 24, 2012, 12:43 PM
Pleasantly surprised with the one that I received to be honest. No issue with magnets and the corners do not seem like they will scratch the device at all. Used it for the last two days without issue and have been taking it in and out of the case as well. Very happy here for ten bucks.

ddublu
Mar 24, 2012, 04:28 PM
I love this case. I had just purchased the Skech Porter case and I loved that case too except for two small problems.

1. The latch closing the case was too tight. It worked but was tough to open since it was made for the iPad 2.

2. There is no way to hold the case open when you flip the lid off and around to the back of the ipad.

The Moko from Amazon addresses both of these, the sleep function works and the fit is virtually perfect. The fabrication of this case at a fraction of the cost seems better made that the Skech (it's being returned tomorrow).

rgr555
Mar 24, 2012, 05:45 PM
Received my replacement MoKo and the sleep function WORKS :)

Very happy.

My front latch is also less tight, so opening and closing the front is much easier. I'm not sure if this is a change in production or if mines is just like that. But I can open it with one hand and some force from thumb and finger. My other one I had to use 2 hands.

I've actually been using the back strap to hold open the front lid while I use it at home. Very functional and doesn't obstruct the front bezel like the elastic straps on other cases similar to this like Marware's.

10/10 rating from me. I like everything about it.

Tinmania
Mar 24, 2012, 06:27 PM
Received my replacement MoKo and the sleep function WORKS :)

Very happy.

My front latch is also less tight, so opening and closing the front is much easier. I'm not sure if this is a change in production or if mines is just like that. But I can open it with one hand and some force from thumb and finger. My other one I had to use 2 hands.

I've actually been using the back strap to hold open the front lid while I use it at home. Very functional and doesn't obstruct the front bezel like the elastic straps on other cases similar to this like Marware's.

10/10 rating from me. I like everything about it.
Thanks for the update. My replacement is on its way. Hope I have similar result.

Michael

jw6961
Mar 24, 2012, 06:50 PM
Looks like the price jumped again - now $16.99 + shipping.

facke02
Mar 25, 2012, 07:45 AM
Yes. Getting very confusing around here. :)

This one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HBLXI8/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

I just received this case. Very nice build, but sleep/wake function does not work.

TB07-NJ
Mar 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
I just received this case. Very nice build, but sleep/wake function does not work. Mine works perfectly. I got an unsolicited email from them saying if it didn't to contact them and they will send a replacement. It's all due to Apple's unannounced change in the magnet polarity. Even Apple got screwed up on their smartcovers. Some will work and some won't depending on which direction the magnet is mounted in the cover. 50/50 chance. :)

canyonblue737
Mar 25, 2012, 03:48 PM

nothing.

facke02
Mar 26, 2012, 05:13 AM
Mine works perfectly. I got an unsolicited email from them saying if it didn't to contact them and they will send a replacement. It's all due to Apple's unannounced change in the magnet polarity. Even Apple got screwed up on their smartcovers. Some will work and some won't depending on which direction the magnet is mounted in the cover. 50/50 chance. :)

They contacted me on Sunday and a replacement is already on it's way. Can't complain with their customer service.

Colonel Badger
Mar 26, 2012, 10:51 AM
Got my Moko case on Friday for my iPad 3. As everybody I think has mentioned the quality of the case is awesome. I have an iPad 2 which is using the Targus Vuscape and this case is WAY better quality for way less money.

Unfortunately it didn't have a working auto-sleep/wake function tho. Which was a little disappointing as I'd hoped that BCS would have sorted out and made sure that any of the newer cases shipped were completely working. I did get a feedback email on Friday too from BCS so I will be replying to it about obtaining a replacement.

Mark.

jaziCo
Mar 26, 2012, 02:04 PM
Got my Moko case on Friday for my iPad 3. As everybody I think has mentioned the quality of the case is awesome. I have an iPad 2 which is using the Targus Vuscape and this case is WAY better quality for way less money.

Unfortunately it didn't have a working auto-sleep/wake function tho. Which was a little disappointing as I'd hoped that BCS would have sorted out and made sure that any of the newer cases shipped were completely working. I did get a feedback email on Friday too from BCS so I will be replying to it about obtaining a replacement.

Mark.

Look at it as if you a free case ;)

As for me my new case came in, and this thing really gets a 10/10. The clip to close the front cover is perfect (clips on/off effortlessly) the sleep/wake function is flawless, and finally fitting the iPad into the case is much smoother! Regardless of price; I LOVE this case!

Colonel Badger
Mar 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
Look at it as if you a free case ;)

As for me my new case came in, and this thing really gets a 10/10. The clip to close the front cover is perfect (clips on/off effortlessly) the sleep/wake function is flawless, and finally fitting the iPad into the case is much smoother! Regardless of price; I LOVE this case!

Yeah I will if I get a replacement. Two emails to them and silence.

Thrilledge
Mar 26, 2012, 05:34 PM
I got the Poetic Strapback today in the mail. I'll post pics and whether the sleep function works or not

jaziCo
Mar 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah I will if I get a replacement. Two emails to them and silence.

Wait till they send you a follow up email, then respond to that one. I also sent them emails directly with no response, it wasn't untill they sent me a follow up email and replied back to that one, is when I got a confirmation they would be sending me a new one.

Btw they got great customer service.

DarkAether
Mar 26, 2012, 06:18 PM
I got the Poetic Strapback today in the mail. I'll post pics and whether the sleep function works or not

Please start another thread about Poetic cases with your review. These are different cases and it's getting folks confused when they are asking questions about one case and get responses about another.

Perran
Mar 26, 2012, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear that the power button is hard to use. I take a lot of screen shots, and so need access to the power button even if the sleep-wake function works perfectly. It seems like a strange oversight not to have been aware of the need for access.

Tinmania
Mar 26, 2012, 08:25 PM
The power button is not blocked in any way on mine. Hopefully the replacement will be the same.

Michael

jaziCo
Mar 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
the power button is not blocked in any way on mine. Hopefully the replacement will be the same.

Michael

+1

map1978
Mar 26, 2012, 10:17 PM
I've actually stopped visiting the iPad accessory forum because this case has been perfect for me.

The finish is great, it's slim, sleep/wake works perfectly, the 2 clasps on the left are a breeze to take off to use the angles, and I personally like the front clasp to keep the case closed and secure.

Even better I didn't have to spend $100s looking for a case.

$10 only :D

I tried to like the Lexington but the front flap is pretty flimsy for my liking. It will be going back in the mail this week.

Good luck to all still on the hunt for there perfect case!

rgr555
Mar 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
bought a Wacom Bamboo stylus

figuring out where i can put it on the MoKo case

St8kout
Mar 26, 2012, 11:36 PM
Mine came in Saturday and I'm satisfied. Looks good, feels good, has corner protection, 3 angles of viewing, and the auto on/off works well. Camera hole is dead-on and all switches and plug holes are accessible, has a lip that snaps over the side of the ipad to keep it closed, a handstrap so you don't drop it when it's open, and all at a great price. What more do you want? I noticed Amazon raised the price to $16.99 (I paid $10 and got the free shipping when you spend $25) and it's still a bargain.

I suppose the only thing lacking is a choice of colors but the black looks good to me.

And yeah, has a slight smell like most new products out of the box but it has faded over the last 2 days so I imagine it will be gone soon. Have to hold it up to your nose to smell it, it's not very strong.

Tinmania
Mar 27, 2012, 10:54 AM
Got my replacement Moko case and auto on/off works perfectly now.

I don't think I will be looking for another case either.

Michael

reebs
Mar 27, 2012, 11:23 AM
Received my MoKo case yesterday and I love it! However, my sleep/wake does NOT work. I've emailed them already and hope to get a replacement soon. Mine was one of the later ones to get shipped and I still got a defective one :( I'm coming from using the smart cover and I keep forgetting to press the sleep/wake to turn off :p

joeybuckets
Mar 27, 2012, 07:03 PM
Got my replacement Moko case and auto on/off works perfectly now.

I don't think I will be looking for another case either.

Michael

how did u go about getting a replacement? i got my case today from amazon and my sleep/wake function doesn't work? do u have a contact email for them?

joey

SporkLover
Mar 27, 2012, 08:06 PM
I ordered mine on Saturday, it shipped Tuesday and I got it today!

So far I'm loving it. Not as thin as my smartcover / hardshell back combo... but it's still svelte and looks great.

I hope the leather/leatherette/pleather hold up!

Che Castro
Mar 27, 2012, 08:47 PM
Has anybody tried this case on an ipad 2 ?

It says it works for both ipad 3 & 2 but all the reviews are for ipad 3

ddublu
Mar 28, 2012, 09:13 AM
I've had this case for a few days now and on my plane ride yesterday I noticed that the small strap that holds the back open has come unsewn. This along with the hand strap makes this my favorite case. Concerned about that little tab though. Hope to hear from customer service soon.

eagleglen
Mar 28, 2012, 10:17 AM
I ordered mine on Saturday, it shipped Tuesday and I got it today!

So far I'm loving it. Not as thin as my smartcover / hardshell back combo... but it's still svelte and looks great.

I hope the leather/leatherette/pleather hold up!

I also use this case in combination with a smart cover/hardshell back combo, spacificly, the Belkin Snap Shield. I like having both options. The folio case provides the best protection and perfect for using the iPad at a desk or proped up on the table while eating. But I just don't find the hand strap useful and seems awkward to use. The strap that holds the case open is nice, but overall it's just not pleasent to handle the iPad this way. It's not the fault of this particular folio case, just the basic concept. Simply having a backshell on when holding the iPad to use it is by far the best. Even better than naked because you have better grip. Plus the edges and back are protected still.

So I use the Moko case mostly outside of my home. My biggest gripe is with sliding the iPad into and out of the case, I'm worried the power button will abrade, particularly since I'm putting it on and off so frequently. Does this seem like a concern to anyone else?

Tinmania
Mar 28, 2012, 10:55 AM
how did u go about getting a replacement? i got my case today from amazon and my sleep/wake function doesn't work? do u have a contact email for them?

joey
I didn't use regular email. Went through Amazon's email function.

Michael

vgtek
Mar 28, 2012, 04:05 PM
Just got my replacements (for both) in yesterday and they're a lot better. The magnet works and its a lot easier to get the iPad in and out of the clasps a lot and I haven't seen any scratches. They're customer service has been pretty on point

rickyislazy
Mar 28, 2012, 06:00 PM
I got the Poetic version today, besides the cover latch fits a bit too tight, it is awesome for the price.

sfi6180
Mar 28, 2012, 07:56 PM
Just got my replacements (for both) in yesterday and they're a lot better. The magnet works and its a lot easier to get the iPad in and out of the clasps a lot and I haven't seen any scratches. They're customer service has been pretty on point

I have a question on that point. This is my first case for my first iPad, so I don't know how these things hold up over time. When you have to take the iPad out of the two clasps in order to put the iPad in a viewing position, will that scratch or wear down those corners over time?

In general, I love the case. Ordered it Saturday and got it today. Smart cover works, everything lines up well, doesn't smell, and couldn't be happier.

utwahoo
Mar 29, 2012, 08:42 AM
FYI: It looks like the cases are back in stock for $18 with free shipping (Amazon Prime).

Judging by everyone's advice, I think I'll pick one up too.

Nhwhazup
Mar 29, 2012, 06:07 PM
Just got this case today. For the price it is a decent enough case. The quality of the workmanship is quite good and I don't mind the pleather.

What's not working for me is the typing position. It is too low and the next position up in the stand is too high. My other problem is that the clasp somehow catches my screen protector when I open it and the protector gets pulled up every time. That's really not okay for my use. The sleep/awake function works fine. I'm still waiting on the STM Skinny and for Speck to release the new Pixelskin wrap. If the Pixelskin is considerably lighter it truly would be my perfect case. I have the iPad 2 version and like it a lot except for weighing in at 10 oz.

Che Castro
Mar 29, 2012, 06:38 PM
This seems like a popular case

I tried to find any video reviews on YouTube & found nothing

Very strange , people review every stupid thing

reebs
Mar 29, 2012, 06:42 PM
Got my replacement case and the sleep/wake function works now BUT The latch is very tight when closing the cover. Wonder if this will loosen over time? Anyone else have this problem? I have to push really hard to close it and am afraid I may crack the screen with all that pressure.

sevans31
Mar 29, 2012, 07:28 PM
I just received my Moko case today and it is perfect. I love everything about it! I think I even love my iPad even more with it.

Anyways, just thought I'd make a rare post expressing my recommendation for it.

sfi6180
Mar 29, 2012, 09:24 PM
This seems like a popular case

I tried to find any video reviews on YouTube & found nothing

Very strange , people review every stupid thing

Check out the review of the Poetic Strapback case on YouTube. It's essentially the same case, and it's a good review:

www.youtube.com/metagamers

Che Castro
Mar 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
Check out the review of the Poetic Strapback case on YouTube. It's essentially the same case, and it's a good review:

www.youtube.com/metagamers

So is this one better than the moko slim ?

sfi6180
Mar 30, 2012, 10:01 AM
So is this one better than the moko slim ?

The only difference between the two cases is that the Moko has a strap on the back cover to hold the front cover in place while the front cover is folded over the back cover. That is to say, there is no significant difference between the two cases. I would just get whichever one is cheaper or in the color you want.

Tinmania
Mar 30, 2012, 11:43 AM
Just got this case today. For the price it is a decent enough case. The quality of the workmanship is quite good and I don't mind the pleather.

What's not working for me is the typing position. It is too low and the next position up in the stand is too high. My other problem is that the clasp somehow catches my screen protector when I open it and the protector gets pulled up every time. That's really not okay for my use. The sleep/awake function works fine. I'm still waiting on the STM Skinny and for Speck to release the new Pixelskin wrap. If the Pixelskin is considerably lighter it truly would be my perfect case. I have the iPad 2 version and like it a lot except for weighing in at 10 oz.
I use a box of Tic Tacs behind the iPad when I have the Moko in the bottom most position (the one noted as being useful for typing. Works for me and I always have a box of tic tacs in my pocket anyway. :)

I place it in the "elbow" of the folded back part of the base. I do wish there was one more groove so I didn't have to do that.

Michael

ddublu
Apr 1, 2012, 07:45 PM
Gotta say again how much I like this case. The small elastic came unsewn at the end of one side. Took it to a luggage repair shop and they are reinforcing for $8. Customer service quickly sent me a replacement once I let them know about this. I think I'm going to cut the extra piece of faux leather around the elastic to remove some of the tension in it.

The only thing I could ask for would be a real leather option.

Che Castro
Apr 3, 2012, 04:00 PM
Has anybody tried this case on an ipad 2 ?

It says it works for both ipad 3 & 2 but all the reviews are for ipad 3

Got mine today

Works great with the iPad 2

This case is kinda basic , the only good thing is got going for it is that is slim

I have another case that's a 360 degree case that more comfortable but is thicker

This one

I'm going to keep this moko case for a while, then I'll only use it when I take the iPad out of the house

But for inside the house the 360 is better

You don't have to unclip the iPad to use it as a stand

Che Castro
Apr 3, 2012, 04:13 PM
Maybe after a while case will loosen , right now closing it & opening is kinda tight

Colonel Badger
Apr 4, 2012, 12:00 PM
Maybe after a while case will loosen , right now closing it & opening is kinda tight

I have my replacement cover that not wakes the iPad perfectly. However this one has an even tighter clip than the previous one.

Gotta say, the ONLY thing making me contemplate changing case is how tight the clip is to close and open it. I find myself pushing the spine of the case with one hand whilst using the other to open/close it and even then it feels too tight.

I've also noticed that the inside band used to hold the iPad with one hand, has indented my screen cover. The stitching has left an indent in the screen cover on the far left side. Luckily its on a part of the screen outside of the viewing area.

so... i'll live with it for now, but i'm still not sure whether its a keeper.

ddublu
Apr 4, 2012, 12:02 PM
I have my replacement cover that not wakes the iPad perfectly. However this one has an even tighter clip than the previous one.

Gotta say, the ONLY thing making me contemplate changing case is how tight the clip is to close and open it. I find myself pushing the spine of the case with one hand whilst using the other to open/close it and even then it feels too tight.

I've also noticed that the inside band used to hold the iPad with one hand, has indented my screen cover. The stitching has left an indent in the screen cover on the far left side. Luckily its on a part of the screen outside of the viewing area.

so... i'll live with it for now, but i'm still not sure whether its a keeper.

Two things....take a hair dryer to the little notch and bend it open a tad...works like a charm.

I would also cut the faux leather strip off of the closure strap. It does nothing but add extra strain to it when holding it open. It's a cleaner look without it and even more functional.

Colonel Badger
Apr 4, 2012, 12:09 PM
Two things....take a hair dryer to the little notch and bend it open a tad...works like a charm.

I would also cut the faux leather strip off of the closure strap. It does nothing but add extra strain to it when holding it open. It's a cleaner look without it and even more functional.

Will try the hair dryer trick !

thanks.

Che Castro
Apr 4, 2012, 08:23 PM
I just used some pliers to loosen the lash

Old Smuggler
Apr 4, 2012, 08:46 PM
i thought about getting this

Tinmania
Apr 5, 2012, 11:48 AM

Excellent tip about removing the faux leather covering the strap. That strap was one thing on this case that seemed out of place. With the extra baggage removed the strap doesn't stand out as much and if anything works better at its intended purpose.

Michael

rickyislazy
Apr 5, 2012, 12:48 PM
Does anyone know if this case will fit the iPad camera connection kit?

The clasp Looks to be very close to the dock connector.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5206/5240491111_49d0695c97_z_d.jpg

rgr555
Apr 9, 2012, 10:36 AM
Has anyone returned their Moko case without any problems?

I have until April 21 according to Amazon but I dont' want to seem like I'm ripping them off because they sent me a replacement for free to fix the magnet issue.

I'm beginning to see the wear on this case already from minimal home use. Great value but the quality isn't there. I'm thinking of getting the STM Grip after all the praise from metagamers.

Should I just issue the refund and send BOTH of the cases back?

Che Castro
Apr 14, 2012, 03:39 PM
I wasn't too happy with my case , it was too tight,closing the lash & using it as a stand was tight too

So I email them, and they sent me a new in a couple of days

This new case opens & closes like butter & removing the 2 clips is easy now

The case is perfect now

rak007
May 4, 2012, 08:50 PM
I am going to buy an iPad 2 soon. Need to know if i should go for the Moko slim fit folio case ??
It works with iPad 2 right ?

Che Castro
May 5, 2012, 12:46 AM
Yes I'm using this with iPad 2

rak007
May 5, 2012, 11:35 AM
Yes I'm using this with iPad 2

Thanks...

Btw compared to this Moko slim (which is available for 19.99 $ now) would you suggest the Poetic strapback case which is cheaper and looks similar to moko

This one...

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-StrapBack-Leather-Multi-Stand-Options/dp/B007V7CKU8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1336235691&sr=8-5

Che Castro
May 5, 2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know I got the moko slim

The moko slim has that strap on the front , the other one doesn't

Tinmania
May 5, 2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks...

Btw compared to this Moko slim (which is available for 19.99 $ now) would you suggest the Poetic strapback case which is cheaper and looks similar to moko

This one...

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-StrapBack-Leather-Multi-Stand-Options/dp/B007V7CKU8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1336235691&sr=8-5
I don't have the poetic, I have the moko. But the reports I have read at that the poetic is really good. I'd say they both are. But if I was ordering now I'd get the poetic.

The moko has that strap on the front to keep the cover against the back when it is swung around completely. But I hardly ever use that and it wouldn't matter if it didn't have it. Actually, I would prefer it not have it.

Michael