Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
is apple planning on fixing this with the update in the summer for displaying macs also?
The image is only half the size of a normal 16x9 display. i can't even stretch it far enough in the tv settings to get this to fill the screen. i won't ever use mirroring till this is fixed i hate it.

peterjcat

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
iPad mirroring will never fill the whole of a widescreen TV, because the iPad has a 4:3 aspect ratio. So there will always be hefty black bars on the left and right, just as if you were watching an old TV show. The image should take up more than half the screen, though, unless you are holding the iPad in portrait mode -- in which case, don't!

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
iPad mirroring will never fill the whole of a widescreen TV, because the iPad has a 4:3 aspect ratio. So there will always be hefty black bars on the left and right, just as if you were watching an old TV show. The image should take up more than half the screen, though, unless you are holding the iPad in portrait mode -- in which case, don't!

good point so i won't ever use this on an iPad.
as for a mac screen would that fill a tv screen? i think so right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.