PDA

View Full Version : Screen protector or not?

NM08SRT8
Mar 18, 2012, 02:14 PM
Just wondering if you are using a screen protector on yours or not? I have one ordered but I don't want to wait for it. I have the plastic still on mine and it makes the screen look like crap, but worst of all, it covers the 30pin... So I'm still on the 88% charge from out of the box..

Mine will be in a case.. Not sure if these screens scratch easy or not.

big samm
Mar 18, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hell no!! The display is way to gorgeous to put any type of protection on it! It's up to you I know I won't!

GroundLoop
Mar 18, 2012, 02:16 PM
The only one that I will put on is the GLAS.t if it ever becomes available.

GL

doboy
Mar 18, 2012, 02:19 PM
iPad 1 -no
iPad 2 -no
new iPad -no
No scratches on any of them. Knock on wood.

NM08SRT8
Mar 18, 2012, 02:19 PM
I have the Crystal from PowerSupport on order, that's what I had planned on using, FYI.

Macclone
Mar 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
Why would you need one? I just use the smart cover. Had the iPad 2 for a year and not one scratch.

chalky40
Mar 18, 2012, 02:38 PM
Hell no!! The display is way to gorgeous to put any type of protection on it! It's up to you I know I won't!

This... I'll be sorting out a case once I decide but I won't be covering the screen. It would be such a waste of a great display.

deeddawg
Mar 18, 2012, 02:43 PM
You really ought to consider reading some of the MANY other threads on this subject. It's a pretty common question.

Lots of people use their ipads for a long time and never get a scratch on the screen. Some people have the unfortunate happen and end up with a scratched screen. Just search here for examples. Make your OWN decision of protection vs not.

Personally, I use one. A good crystal style won't impact the display; mine looks no different with protector vs without. Note that the wet apply kind like Zagg will f' up the screen, stay away from those. Matte / antiglare will also affect the screen, but thats to be expected. SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal or Powersupport Crystal are a couple examples of good choices that feel and look like the bare screen.

boy-better-know
Mar 18, 2012, 02:44 PM
Getting a zagg through the post tomorrow. Have a tiny hairline scratch on the rear that is only visible at certain angles so its cool.

NM08SRT8
Mar 18, 2012, 02:47 PM
The whole thing will be in a case.. So I don't need to worry about scratches in that sense.