Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qpixo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
I'm looking for an HD anti-glare screen protector for the new iPad. Since I'm using it on my iPhone4, I'm stalking at Power USA Support but they still have not launched for new iPad out yet.

What is the best on market? Any good suggestions?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I'm looking for an HD anti-glare screen protector for the new iPad. Since I'm using it on my iPhone4, I'm stalking at Power USA Support but they still have not launched for new iPad out yet.

What is the best on market? Any good suggestions?

Buy the Power Support HD Anti-Glare now. It fits the new iPad perfectly.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Whatever you do, don't get the Moshi iVisor. It ruins the clarity and casts a grey grainy hue across the screen. I'm sorry I trusted the positive reviews on Amazon.

qpixo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Buy the Power Support HD Anti-Glare now. It fits the new iPad perfectly.

Did you install it already? I was a bit worried it won't fit on new iPad.
I'm waiting when they will put online

Last edited:

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
DSC03555t.jpg

That is a Switcheasy PureAnti-Reflect

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
Never heard this brand...
Does it decreased the brightness of your screen?

The brand has been around since 2005.

I do not use my iPad at full brightness and did not notice it being any darker than before I had it on.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
All anti glare will make it look somewhat fuzzy. I have the Moshi iVisor AG for iPad 2 on my iPad 3 and it works great. Sure it doesn't look as great as without it, but I don't have to deal with glare/fingerprints anymore.

Audi09

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Los Angeles
screen shields ruin the sharpness of the screen. and i can only see fingerprints when the screen is OFF, so whats the point if you cant see them when the screen is ON

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
screen shields ruin the sharpness of the screen. and i can only see fingerprints when the screen is OFF, so whats the point if you cant see them when the screen is ON

You can see finger prints when it is on with glass. It leaves streaks.

Also fingers do not glide nearly as smooth on glass.

Also I rather see the screen that a reflection of something else.

MSampson

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2008
I put a PS anti-glare HD on my new iPad. It fits fine. No more smeary fingerprints, no horrible reflection and a smoother slide.

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Anyone know if the PS Crystal screen is as good as the Anti Glare in protecting from finger smudging?

I've always been a fan of the Anti Glare ones both for the Ipad 2 and various Iphones. But I recently started reading that the Crystal is better as the Anti Glare one dulls the image.

What's everyones take when comparing the two?

I'm basically looking for a clear image as if the screen was unprotected along with the best anti smudge protection.

vazquez1085

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2011
New York
Anyone know if the PS Crystal screen is as good as the Anti Glare in protecting from finger smudging?

I've always been a fan of the Anti Glare ones both for the Ipad 2 and various Iphones. But I recently started reading that the Crystal is better as the Anti Glare one dulls the image.

What's everyones take when comparing the two?

I'm basically looking for a clear image as if the screen was unprotected along with the best anti smudge protection.

Anyone have an idea if the HD anti glare or the Crystal is better?? Whats the main diff?? There really isn't much of a description on the site look:

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-2/hd-anti-glare-film.html

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-2/crystal-film.html

iMule

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
Greenville, SC
I like the feel of anti-glare (I think Moshi has the best feel) however, I can't take anything that degrades screen clarity and quality. They all do. There's no point in getting the iPad 3 if you're going to ruin the retina display.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
The horrible glare is what ruins it for me... The retina screen is great but unusable with too much glare and smudges everywhere.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
I like the feel of anti-glare (I think Moshi has the best feel) however, I can't take anything that degrades screen clarity and quality. They all do. There's no point in getting the iPad 3 if you're going to ruin the retina display.

IT DOES NOT RUIN IT. I am getting tired of people saying that. If you look at the screen I posted you can still see the PIXELS.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
IT DOES NOT RUIN IT. I am getting tired of people saying that. If you look at the screen I posted you can still see the PIXELS.

Take the film off and take the same pic. Then we can chat properly.

I'm all for anti glare protectors, but you're fooling yourself if you think there's no image degradation.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
Take the film off and take the same pic. Then we can chat properly.

I'm all for anti glare protectors, but you're fooling yourself if you think there's no image degradation.

I did NOT say there was no degradation. I am simply saying it does not ruin the retina display.

DSC03539.jpg

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
To be honest I don't care if the image is a bit 'degraded'. Not fighting the glare and fingerprints is well worth it for me. I'm much happier sitting out on my patio comfortably rather than twisting, turning and tilting my iPad just to read it. Everyone has their own priorities.

You guys who keep harping on 'image degradation' need to get off that bandwagon. For some of us it isn't the most important thing. Usage is what matters to us.

AceCoolie

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
I wonder if manufactures like PS tailor their coating based on the pixel size in order to provide the best compromise between anti-fingerprint/anti-reflection abilities and clarity. With the pixel size changing on the new iPad, perhaps they are redesigning their product.

If not, why wouldn't they have their products ready at launch if all that was needed was a packing change to include iPad 3 support? As many have pointed out, the size is the same so I doubt the delay is due to needing a new cut-out.

ValentinoV

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2012
I wonder if manufactures like PS tailor their coating based on the pixel size in order to provide the best compromise between anti-fingerprint/anti-reflection abilities and clarity. With the pixel size changing on the new iPad, perhaps they are redesigning their product.

If not, why wouldn't they have their products ready at launch if all that was needed was a packing change to include iPad 3 support? As many have pointed out, the size is the same so I doubt the delay is due to needing a new cut-out.

i've asked them several times what the difference is if it's new packaging or better clarity (for the crystal or the ag), but they've been tight lipped on the matter. All they tell me is that the ipad2 version is compatible....

qpixo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
I think the new HD anti-glare at PS would adapt better for the retina screen than the current anti-glare iPad2. Probably less degradation...

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Has anybody put on the PS Crystal screen saver and could you give us a report. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.