Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarkingGhost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta+35 miles
Ok, it seems everyone will have the new ATV3 before me--that is what I get for ordering from Apple instead of all of the other options (I ordered it with the iP3 on the 8th, but delivery is expected on 22nd).

I had planned on using the ATV3 with a projector and the iPad3 so the wife, a chemistry lecturer, could do mirroring as she wrote stuff out on the iPad could then appear via projector on a screen.

Most institutional setups are using media interfaces that are IT instead of what consumers are use to (driven by the Consumer Electronics Association). Hence, I doubt any of the school projectors will have HDMI inputs.

'Maybe' they'll have DVI, which also is a subset of the HDMI specification, but I have to wonder how this will affect the video output. Naturally this shouldn't be a case of DRM, but one of allowed/expected handshaking. Anyone using something other than HDMI as a display input with the ATV3?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.