PDA

View Full Version : Installed Windows 7 on MBA now I need drivers

Born2bwild
Mar 18, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hi guys,

First post here. I wanted to give my MacBook Air to my girlfriend following my purchase of an iPad 3, and she wanted Windows 7 as the sole OS on the laptop. So I installed it, but I forgot to download the bootcamp drivers. And now the OS is at a very crippled state.

I was wondering if there's any way I could still get the drivers together (through the bootcamp installer). I tried looking online but I was unsuccessful, and I don't have access to OS X, so I can't simply download them from the assistant.

For anyone wondering, it's a MBA 2011 13".

Oli3000
Mar 18, 2012, 04:19 PM
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1336

Should work fine.

Born2bwild
Mar 18, 2012, 04:41 PM
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1336

Should work fine.

I don't have bootcamp installed and that needs bootcamp 3.0. :(

KPOM
Mar 18, 2012, 05:24 PM
Do you have OS X on it at all? If not, and if you don't have another Mac, the only other option is to restore OS X and download the boot camp drivers. I would leave OS X on it, even with a minimal installation, since it is the only way to download firmware updates.

Born2bwild
Mar 18, 2012, 05:54 PM
Do you have OS X on it at all? If not, and if you don't have another Mac, the only other option is to restore OS X and download the boot camp drivers. I would leave OS X on it, even with a minimal installation, since it is the only way to download firmware updates.

Well, I don't have OS X anymore, and I don't want to resort to restoring for now...

Is there any chance someone would be kind enough to upload the drivers and link them to me?

gentlefury
Mar 18, 2012, 09:53 PM
In OSX start up boot camp assistant and it will have an option to download the drivers you need. Download them to a disk that windows can read. That will get you started. Now if you want to use the graphics potential you will have to go to intel's site and download the latest intel 3000 graphics drivers (only a couple months old and DRAMATICALLY improves performance!!)

But yes, you must install Boot Camp in windows in order to use everything properly.

Beanoir
Mar 19, 2012, 04:01 AM
Well, I don't have OS X anymore, and I don't want to resort to restoring for now...

Is there any chance someone would be kind enough to upload the drivers and link them to me?

www.windows7forums.com

Your new freinds ;)

adddictedtomac
Mar 19, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hi guys,

First post here. I wanted to give my MacBook Air to my girlfriend following my purchase of an iPad 3, and she wanted Windows 7 as the sole OS on the laptop. So I installed it, but I forgot to download the bootcamp drivers. And now the OS is at a very crippled state.

I was wondering if there's any way I could still get the drivers together (through the bootcamp installer). I tried looking online but I was unsuccessful, and I don't have access to OS X, so I can't simply download them from the assistant.

For anyone wondering, it's a MBA 2011 13".

Just in case you did not know, when you install bootcamp on Mac OS X, you can set your computer to startup either on Mac OS X or Windows. Its always nice to have two operating systems on a computer, you will be surprised how many times it can help you out in case there is a problem.

summitRun
Mar 19, 2012, 07:58 AM
Just pop in to an Apple retail store or local Best Buy with your own flash drive and download the drivers from a wi-fi connected MBA...

LordVic
Mar 19, 2012, 09:27 AM
did you install Windows via Bootcamp?

if you did and had bootcamp create your USB key / CD, it would have put bootcamp installer, that caintains all the necessary drivers right on the CD / USB. I can't remember the directory name off the top of my head though (I just did it last night too)