PDA

View Full Version : Ordering iMac

drmountaindeww
Mar 18, 2012, 04:13 PM
I have a question. I am waiting until the new 2012 iMac is announced/released to buy one. I want to order it online, and then pick it up at a local store. Will I be able to choose that option and/or "pre-order" the computer after it's announced but before it's released? Thanks!

Bear
Mar 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
I have a question. I am waiting until the new 2012 iMac is announced/released to buy one. I want to order it online, and then pick it up at a local store. Will I be able to choose that option and/or "pre-order" the computer after it's announced but before it's released? Thanks!Most recent Mac updates have been available on the day of announcement. So my best guess is that there will be no pre-order window since it will most likely be available the same day.

You should be able to get one the same day they're released unless you want a custom configuration. Then it depends on if it's options they can change in the store.

gmanist1000
Mar 19, 2012, 01:08 AM
I have a question. I am waiting until the new 2012 iMac is announced/released to buy one. I want to order it online, and then pick it up at a local store. Will I be able to choose that option and/or "pre-order" the computer after it's announced but before it's released? Thanks!

Apple typically doesn't do preorders for new Macs because they aren't as popular as iPhones and iPads are. If you want one you can probably go to the store and pick one up right away, or you can just order from online store and have it shipped you directly.

alksion
Mar 19, 2012, 01:11 AM
You'll be fine, there aren't millions of people who will buy something that expensive the day it comes out.