PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic back case

DashSatan
Mar 18, 2012, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know of any cases that have a magnet on the back so when you fold the smart cover back it sticks?

geoelectric
Mar 18, 2012, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know of any cases that have a magnet on the back so when you fold the smart cover back it sticks?

The Belkin Snap Shield Secure has a metal piece on the back for this purpose, and it works well. Don't think it is (or needs to be) an active magnet.

DashSatan
Mar 18, 2012, 10:42 PM
The Belkin Snap Shield Secure has a metal piece on the back for this purpose, and it works well. Don't think it is (or needs to be) an active magnet.

So you'd recommend the case? I'm rockin a belkin on my iPhone and love it so probably a good choice.

asleep
Mar 18, 2012, 11:45 PM
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=598150

geoelectric
Mar 19, 2012, 12:56 PM
So you'd recommend the case? I'm rockin a belkin on my iPhone and love it so probably a good choice.

Yeah, I like it. I'm using a 2nd Gen Shield on my 3rd Gen iPad and it works reasonably well, with only the slightest fit difference indicating that it's not fully purpose-built. Other threads here have more details on that.

That said, I've cracked a corner on it already, probably from the extra thickness plus stress of removing/replacing it. You may want to hold out for the properly fitted one the person above me linked.