PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Happy with Their Targus Slim Case?

stockcerts
Mar 18, 2012, 10:49 PM
I ordered the Slim Case from Amazon and it will be arriving tomorrow. Based on so many posts I've read I'm expecting I'll need to return it.

Is anyone happy with their Targus Slim Case? Does it work at 100% as you would expect?

glen e
Mar 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
I am extremely happy with both my white and blue one.magnets work fine, hole does not bother me. Great fit and good quality.

JoJoCal19
Mar 18, 2012, 11:06 PM
I have the bone/white Slim Case. I think it's the best looking case on the market. However I am thinking I will be returning mine for several reasons. One, mine has the magnet issue so it doesn't work with the sleep/wake feature. Two, the tab on the back is sewed on crooked, which affects it in the stand position. Three, that microsuede texture or whatever on the inside flap is leaving stuff on my screen, like little pieces of felt or whatever and I can feel it when swiping on the screen. I end up having to wipe with microfiber cloth. Four, it doesn't have great grip (to me) when holding upright. And five, given everything, I just don't think it's worth $50.

Of course the alternative is to spend $40 on a back shell and $70 on a smart cover, so I don't know what I will end up doing. I think I'm going to see if Targus will send me a new one and I return this one and see if the next one is better.

chipmac64
Mar 19, 2012, 12:54 PM
After discounts I only paid $2 for my dark grey one from BestBuy and I like it enough. Do I feel its worth $50? Hell no but for the price I paid out of pocket I'm not complaining. The lack of the sleep function working correctly doesn't really upset me too much since I can just as easily press the sleep button. The fit is very good though so that isn't an issue. I'm going to contact Targus though and see if they'll replace it with one that the magnets works as they should and I if they do I'll probably keep it.

If they don't provide and exchange I was also considering the Incipio Lexington. So if that gets better reviews once they ship I might even return this to buy that one instead since I like the looks of that one a bit more.

But for protection and functionality the Targus Slim is a good but not great case worth about $40 IMO.

richard371
Mar 19, 2012, 01:05 PM
I like it. Fits great and looks great and is not slippery. I'll call targus to try to get a replacement where the magnet is in the right position. Best buy has 30 day return so if something better comes out I can always exchange or return it.