Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Nothing more to say really, other than it shows up as an unsupported accessory. Sigh.

RIP 2010-2012
apple-ipad-keyboard-dock-2.jpg

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
Nothing more to say really, other than it shows up as an unsupported accessory. Sigh.

RIP 2010-2012

Ugh. I just bought an iPad 3 for my mother. She loves the keyboard dock. Damn you Apple - is there a technical reason for this or is it a push toward me having to buy a Bluetooth keyboard as well? Not everyone can type on glass.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
When you get the unsupported message, can you just click on it and then continue to type? When I do a lot of typing I use a mechanical keyboard with the camera connector and iPad. I get the same message but I just click on the "Okay" button to get the message to go away and then my keyboard does work just fine.

Last edited:

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
When you get the unsupported message, can you just click on it and then continue to type? When I do a lot of typing I use a mechanical keyboard with the camera connector and iPad. I get the same message but I just click on the "Okay" button to get the message to go away and then my keyboard does work just fine.

+1.

That's the message that means the dock won't charge the iPad, doesn't mean the typing function won't work. That's the way it is with other accessories.

BJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.