PDA

View Full Version : Incipio Feather Ultralight on "new" iPad

TWO2SEVEN
Mar 19, 2012, 08:03 AM
http://www.incipio.com/iPad-2-Cases-Accessories/Incipio-iPad-2-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

This shell is for the the 2, but I've heard that it works on the new iPad.

Anyone have any first hand experience?

Also, has anyone gotten the Incipio NGP?

I already have a BookBook case for transporting my iPad. I'm just looking for a back shell for when I set it down on a desk or table.

Thanks!

ScubaCinci
Mar 19, 2012, 08:05 AM
Why not just get the smart feather case made for the new iPad? Looks very much the same.

GoCubsGo
Mar 19, 2012, 08:06 AM
^ Exactly. As far as I know, there is no one case that is so amazing that I would try to force the issue of it fitting on something new. Take exception to what I believe is the best case thus far and that's the Apple iPad 1 case. That was a great design and I wish they had not ditched it so quickly.

TWO2SEVEN
Mar 19, 2012, 08:11 AM
Why not just get the smart feather case made for the new iPad? Looks very much the same.

I don't plan on using the Smart Cover, otherwise thats the one I would get. I am looking for just a simple back shell. I may look more into the NGP.

andothfc
Mar 19, 2012, 08:53 AM
I have the iPad 2 Incipio Feather on my new iPad. I first I thought it didn't fit but with a bit of effort it does. The problem is it doesn't doesn't sit flush to the back, there is a bit of space between the shell and the iPad which I find annoying.

ScubaCinci
Mar 19, 2012, 09:08 AM
I don't plan on using the Smart Cover, otherwise thats the one I would get. I am looking for just a simple back shell. I may look more into the NGP.

It doesn't have to be used in conjunction with the smart cover. The fact that is does it just an added bonus :)

TWO2SEVEN
Mar 19, 2012, 10:36 AM
It doesn't have to be used in conjunction with the smart cover. The fact that is does it just an added bonus :)

Very true!

I may end up getting it with the SC in the end. A little extra protection never hurt anyone :)

andothfc
Mar 19, 2012, 11:05 AM
The Smart Feather without a Smart cover is annoying - you get an extra bulge on the left hand of the device. I couldn't put up with it. I'm hoping Incipio release a non-Smart Feather for the new iPad.

bobright
Mar 19, 2012, 12:29 PM
The Smart Feather without a Smart cover is annoying - you get an extra bulge on the left hand of the device. I couldn't put up with it. I'm hoping Incipio release a non-Smart Feather for the new iPad.

Ditto I like the Smart Feather but don't want to use a smart cover. We should all email the dev.

batotman
Mar 19, 2012, 12:48 PM
I've got the NGP on mine. Fits perfectly. Don't like it as much as my slider hardshell case (do they even make those anymore?) on my iPad 1 but it fits well and very low profile.

TWO2SEVEN
Mar 19, 2012, 03:07 PM

That's what I was thinking too

TWO2SEVEN
Mar 19, 2012, 03:08 PM
I've got the NGP on mine. Fits perfectly. Don't like it as much as my slider hardshell case (do they even make those anymore?) on my iPad 1 but it fits well and very low profile.

I asked you on another post, but I'll ask again here.

Is the NGP rubbery or more of a hard plastic?

Thanks!