Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Hey all,

Does the Snapshield for the iPad 2 fit the iPad 3? Is it really tight? How are the cutouts? Pics would be fantastic if you have any. I'm thinking about picking one up today.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I assume you mean Belkin. I have the snap from my iPad 2 and it does not fit the new iPad. The added thickness of the new iPad prevents the sides of the shield from coming up far enough to snap on to the edges.

kdnole

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I picked one up at Target and it fits great! I use it along with the smart cover so I'm not so sure about what's happening with Weaselboy's.

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
I assume you mean Belkin. I have the snap from my iPad 2 and it does not fit the new iPad. The added thickness of the new iPad prevents the sides of the shield from coming up far enough to snap on to the edges.

I'm in the same boat. I picked one up this weekend based on the info I read on the forums. Got 3 edges on, but the 4th just wouldn't go. I was really giving it a lot of force as well.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
It's weird that there are so many different experiences with the case. I guess I'll try picking one up and if it doesn't fit I'll return it.

rwings01

Suspended
Aug 17, 2010
YELLOW TINT IPHONE 12 PANELS
Hey all,

Does the Snapshield for the iPad 2 fit the iPad 3? Is it really tight? How are the cutouts? Pics would be fantastic if you have any. I'm thinking about picking one up today.

Thanks,

Hi,

I installed the Belkin snapshield secure ipad2 version on my new ipad and the fit is perfect. All 4 corners snap in correctly and camera hole is centered. I posted pictures in the thread below, go take a look.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1342856/

Regards

Last edited:

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
Hi,

I installed the Belkin snapshield secure ipad2 version on my new ipad and the fit is perfect. All 4 corners snap in correctly and camera hole is centered. I psted pictures in the thread below, go take a look.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1342856/

Regards

Actually to add a little more. I bought 2 snapshields. The first one I tried I was only able to get 2 edges snapped in. The second I was able to get 3. I was really trying hard to get that 4th edges on too. Just wouldn't go.

rwings01

Suspended
Aug 17, 2010
Actually to add a little more. I bought 2 snapshields. The first one I tried I was only able to get 2 edges snapped in. The second I was able to get 3. I was really trying hard to get that 4th edges on too. Just wouldn't go.

The way I did it was snap in the 2 upper corners first and then the bottom 2. This is while the iPad is in vertical position.

I have the snapshield secure.

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
my iPad 2 Belkin Snapcase Belkin fits new iPad

It's weird that there are so many different experiences with the case. I guess I'll try picking one up and if it doesn't fit I'll return it.

I was expecting a struggle but this case seems to fit like it was meant to go on the new iPad. I have no problems taking off the case as well. The camera is not 100% centered in my eyes...to me it looks like it's favored towards the top right corner but for the price discount I won't complain. I was hoping to find the Snapcase secure though, so I might try to find that one.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Mine seems to fit fine and I had it on all weekend.
This morning at work, I needed to remove it so I could dock/charge it.
One of the corners cracked.
Oh well, I'll keep using it until the Snapshield Secure comes out for the iPad 3 then return it back to Target.

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
I just picked up one of these at Fry's, open box, for $14.24....I couldn't be happier, it fits perfectly, and is a great compliment to the Apple Smart Cover.

rwings01

Suspended
Aug 17, 2010
Snapshield Secure, and I have to give you some credit, as I went out and grabbed one based on your high praise :D

lol, glad to help a little :D... I have to admit though, I've gained a lot more knowledge than I've given on these forums. BTW what color cover/shield do you have?

----------

I have the iPad 2 snap shield secure, fits the iPad 3rd gen just fine.

Yes it does, good choice...

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
lol, glad to help a little :D... I have to admit though, I've gained a lot more knowledge than I've given on these forums. BTW what color cover/shield do you have?

----------
Fry's only had Smoke and Pink in stock. I was looking through the rack looking for other colors behind the front Smoke when I stumbled upon the open box one for $14.24. What a steal! Pairs nicely with my dark grey Smart Cover.

rwings01

Suspended
Aug 17, 2010

Make sure to pick up the snapshield secure with the magnet on the back...seems people are having better success with the new iPad. The snapshield without the magnet on the back seems like a hit and miss. Damn, not sure if this makes sense :confused: lol. Please report back

----------

----------
Fry's only had Smoke and Pink in stock. I was looking through the rack looking for other colors behind the front Smoke when I stumbled upon the open box one for $14.24. What a steal! Pairs nicely with my dark grey Smart Cover.

Nice

SmittS

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Well I had the Snap Shield from Target for about 4 days. Only removed it and reinstalled once, and the corner broke. You're going back!

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Yep, my corner didn't break, I was lucky, it only cracked.

It will go back when the new version finally arrives.

It actually is much easier to take on and off now!

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
The top left corner cracked but the case stays on without issue. I'm keeping it until the new Snap Secure comes out, even with the crack, it's still a great case.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
So I bought the snap shield secure in smoke (ipad 2 version) and it fits just as it's supposed to on the iPad 3. All the corners lock in like it is supposed to. The only thing I notice is at seems to be a tiny bit of space in between the case and the back of the iPad where the logo is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.