PDA

View Full Version : Marware acknowledges sleep/wake issue with new iPad MicroShell Folio case

tanster
Mar 19, 2012, 12:34 PM
I purchased a MicroShell Folio case for the new iPad. The advertised sleep/wake feature didn't work.

When I contacted Marware, here was their response:

Hello,

Thank you for your order! We would like to update you regarding your recent purchase:

We are aware that there is a problem with the sleep/wake feature on some of our cases for the new iPad. We are working to quickly resolve this issue with the factory.

Case affected: MicroShell Folio for the new iPad Black

We are currently holding all new orders until the problem is corrected. However, some cases shipped out before we could stop them. As a result, you may receive or have received a case for the new iPad without the sleep/wake feature.

If you received one of the cases that do not work, Marware will send a replacement at no cost. You bought this case for a reason, because Marware makes it.

You also know we'll make this right for you.

We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.

Marware Support Team

I really like the case and am very happy with their response!

Aqua Bliss
Mar 19, 2012, 12:42 PM
Wow good customer service and bravo to them for sending the email communication so quickly. Hope the other manufacturers do the same.

AnthonySmith
Mar 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
I got this too, but for the MicroShell, which they followed up on.

Hello,

Thank you for your order!

We are aware that there is a problem with the sleep/wake feature on some of our cases for the new iPad. We are working to quickly resolve this issue with the factory.

Case affected: MicroShell for the new iPad Black

We are currently holding all new orders until the problem is corrected. However, some cases shipped out before we could stop them. As a result, you may receive or have received a case for the new iPad without the sleep/wake feature.

If you received one of the cases that do not work, Marware will send a replacement at no cost. You bought this case for a reason, because Marware makes it.

You also know we'll make this right for you.

We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.

Marware Support Team

Hello,

It appears we were overzealous with our notification.

The Microshell for the new iPad is not affected by the sleep/wake issue.

We apologize for the confusion.

Marware Support

rgarjr
Mar 19, 2012, 01:43 PM
Also got the e-mail. I called them and they said they're going to be sending everyone that purchased one a replacement in a few weeks. So we will probably get to keep our original folios.

JoJoCal19
Mar 19, 2012, 01:47 PM
Good on these companies for doing that. Targus is sending out new ones to affected customers as is Maroo.

wgr73
Mar 19, 2012, 01:48 PM
Also got the e-mail. I called them and they said they're going to be sending everyone that purchased one a replacement in a few weeks. So we will probably get to keep our original folios.

I got both emails from MW. You guys will get to keep both!! :cool: I wish I would've ordered when I wanted too last week! I hope they ship this soon.

BTW, are there any threads on the MicroShell? I can't find any.

jeme
Mar 19, 2012, 04:33 PM
I recieved the marware microshell folio and the magnets work, however I am concerned with the hard plastic inside of the cover that rests against the screen. Does anyone have any iPad 2 experience with this case? Thanks in advance.

msindi
Mar 19, 2012, 04:38 PM
I recieved the marware microshell folio and the magnets work, however I am concerned with the hard plastic inside of the cover that rests against the screen. Does anyone have any iPad 2 experience with this case? Thanks in advance.

Have this on my iPad 2 and love it/hacve no issues with plastic

jeme
Mar 19, 2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks, I fell luck I for one that works with the magnets.

jeme
Mar 19, 2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks, feckless lucky that I got one with working magnets

rgarjr
Mar 19, 2012, 06:49 PM

Don't see how the plastic inside would be an issue. Case grips the iPad very good.

Would love if the front cover was leather like the smart cover. That would top it.

chazrt
Mar 20, 2012, 12:42 AM
I used the Microshell Folio for my iPad 2 and it was great. I also just got the same for the New iPad and was one of the lucky ones to have no problems with the sleep/wake functions.

rgarjr
Mar 29, 2012, 11:09 PM
Anyone received their microshell folio replacement yet?

tanster
Mar 30, 2012, 12:23 AM
Not yet!

tanster
Apr 2, 2012, 12:51 PM
I just received a tracking number from Marware on a replacement Microshell Folio!

The order description says "warranty replacement 2 no RL iPad3."

It ships today via USPS.

rgarjr
Apr 2, 2012, 12:54 PM
Nice, I was about to give them a call, although I haven't received any e-mail yet.

msindi
Apr 18, 2012, 06:17 AM
I have fit problems with this. Returned the first one and now trying a second...
I could not even get the first one on and I tried it with 2 different iPads. Mt colleague got a Microshell (not folio) and that fits fine.
I think for future generations of this product, Marware should increase the tolerance a bit. This new iPad model fits better on my iPad 2 then the iPad 2 variant I had...