Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TKEik683

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
NY
Let me help you before you get caught by the same thing that happened to me.

The link you posted is NOT A GENUINE Apple product.

If you click the "10 new" link, you will see that the seller tells you it is a fake product there. Here is the link to that page. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004QKJXG2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

This happened to me last week, I was not happy to say the least. How Amazon can leave such disingenuous sellers baffles me, and I am a huge Amazon fan. They did say they would take care of me if the seller gave me any issues with the return.

Hope it helps.
Cheers

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Let me help you before you get caught by the same thing that happened to me.

The link you posted is NOT A GENUINE Apple product.

If you click the "10 new" link, you will see that the seller tells you it is a fake product there. Here is the link to that page. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004QKJXG2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

This happened to me last week, I was not happy to say the least. How Amazon can leave such disingenuous sellers baffles me, and I am a huge Amazon fan. They did say they would take care of me if the seller gave me any issues with the return.

Hope it helps.
Cheers

Great catch!

CeeP

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
San Diego, CA
where exactly does it say it is fake? I bought ones of these last week and thought it was legit since amazon is fulfilling the order.

EDIT: I ordered from Everest Supply and apparently it has arrived already. I won't be able to check it out until thursday but I'll update to see my findings

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
where exactly does it say it is fake? I bought ones of these last week and thought it was legit since amazon is fulfilling the order.

EDIT: I ordered from Everest Supply and apparently it has arrived already. I won't be able to check it out until thursday but I'll update to see my findings

Fulfillment by Amazon just means the seller previously shipped their items to amazons warehouse. That way rather then the seller having to directly ship it to you, it's in Amazons possession for them to handle.

Has nothing to do with item being legit or not.

TKEik683

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
NY
Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, it looks like the seller is no longer listed in the OP's link and my link. I should have saved a screen shot.

Basically, if you click the link I posted,in the company descriptions they would say the product was *NOT GENUINE*.

I noticed this a lot when looking at smart covers. When buying one, click on the # new and see what the description is for the company. They might hide that it is fake there.

Hopefully that helps?

LushMojo

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2008
Camden, Maine
So, the model number on this is MC947LL/A. However, the same website lists another one for retail cost ($69) with the serial MD301LL/A. Anyone know the difference? Could it be that the latter is a newer part that has the polarity set to work with the new iPad?

Anyone with the former serial number listed able to verify that sleep/wake works with the new iPad?

I'll post whether mine works once it gets here. Still wondering what the difference is between the two serial models.

badtzwang

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
So, the model number on this is MC947LL/A. However, the same website lists another one for retail cost ($69) with the serial MD301LL/A. Anyone know the difference? Could it be that the latter is a newer part that has the polarity set to work with the new iPad?

Anyone with the former serial number listed able to verify that sleep/wake works with the new iPad?

I'll post whether mine works once it gets here. Still wondering what the difference is between the two serial models.

The MD301LL/A is a newer Navy Leather case that they released more recently (late last year I think and not specifically for the new iPad launch) ... The MC947LL/A is the older model.

The MC947LL/A has a bit of a greyish/blue tint to it, while the MD301LL/A has more of a royal navy blue to it. Check the link below for pics and comparisons.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1284303/

LushMojo

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2008
Camden, Maine
The MD301LL/A is a newer Navy Leather case that they released more recently (late last year I think and not specifically for the new iPad launch) ... The MC947LL/A is the older model.

The MC947LL/A has a bit of a greyish/blue tint to it, while the MD301LL/A has more of a royal navy blue to it. Check the link below for pics and comparisons.

Well, that solves that question. Thanks!

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011

So MacMall is selling the older one, correct? That's why it's marked down...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.