Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pmxbass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2011
I have my Yahoo email installed on my iPhone, iPad and Mac, when I first got my iPhone a few months back I started adding my contacts to the phone which worked out great as the yahoo contacts were in a separate folder than the iCloud contacts (phone contacts)

I just restored my iPhone and now all my contacts have been bunched together on my iPhone contacts, there's like thousands of email adresses mixed up with all my phone contacs in there, i hate that, I just want my phone number contacts on there. Is there a way of getting rid of all the yahoo email adresses in the contactsc and just keep regular phone ones?

Help would be much appreciated, i really don't want to have to delete 14 years worth of email addresses manually from my phone...

Pmxbass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2011
Wow 81 views in over a day and not one reply:confused:

Does that mean I pretty much have to live with this??? How about this, how can I delete ALL my contacts and just reload the ones I want to keep?

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Pick only the contacts you want under the groups options. Also make sure the contact group you want is the default under the mail settings on the iPhone.

Pmxbass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for the reply, the problem is that the iphone contacts have been merged with the yahoo email contacts. Is there a way to edit the contact groups?

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Not that I'm aware of. Only way I know to do that would be to login to iCloud online and edit it manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.