Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EMagnusL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse, NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've noticed that I'm suddenly unable to download new content to my iPhone 4 - any new apps or music get stuck at "Waiting..." for hours at a time. Eventually, I give up and delete them.

I tried using iExplorer to delete the contents of the "Download" folder, but that only worked for one app, then the issue returned. I did notice that the file I deleted had a timestamp that was about four hours in the future - I don't know if that's relevant.

I am able to use iTunes to download and transfer new items, but that's a workaround, not a solution.

Anyone else experiencing this issue, or have any suggestions?

k.i.t.t.o.

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2008
I have the same exact issue. It started a couple of days ago when the new iPad was released so I figured it was probably just the sudden burst of new traffic. I even did the iExplorer trick and it didn't really do much because the problem came right back that same day. Next day my iPhone was downloading stuff just fine again. Today, it's on and off: I had an issue getting an Amazon update this morning, then about two hours ago I had four more app updates and all of them went through just fine. Now 15 minutes ago I tried to purchase an app and it wouldn't go through.

What the heck is going on? :\

BlendedFrog

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
I did figure this out. It's because you need to accept the new T&C of itunes. If you take on an app that is stuck on waiting you should get the blue notification box that you need to agree to the new T&C before you can continue downloading.

The problem you then run into is that the box only gives you ok or cancel but it never gives the optional to agree so you continue to get stuck in this loop.

The solution:
go into itunes on a computer and download a free app. you then have to agree to the new T&C for itunes/app store before you can download it. once you do, then you have also agreed to it for your entire apple id for all devices and you can kick off downloading all apps on your idevices.

thizzinG

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
West Coast, Cali
I agreed to the new TOS days ago.. has nothing to do with it.
Everyones affected. My best advice? Sync it to your PC with a USB cable.
It'll be fixed sooner than later.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
Ya. It seems problematical to use wifi syncing to iTunes, judging from various comments on forums. There are a number of threads on issues that occur. As balky as iTunes is on my PC, I continue to sync via my computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.