Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryan85

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
When my wireless network is set to "closed network" the ATV refuses to find it. I have manually entered the network name and all relevant information, but it still won't connect.

Also, I have both 2.4 and 5 GHz simultaneous bands set to N only. The ATV connects to the 5 GHz band, but will only negotiate a max speed of 65Mbps.

I am using the latest model of a Time Capsule, and I have verified the firmware is up to date.

Any ideas? Thanks!

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
When my wireless network is set to "closed network" the ATV refuses to find it. I have manually entered the network name and all relevant information, but it still won't connect.

Also, I have both 2.4 and 5 GHz simultaneous bands set to N only. The ATV connects to the 5 GHz band, but will only negotiate a max speed of 65Mbps.

I am using the latest model of a Time Capsule, and I have verified the firmware is up to date.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I have no idea about the closed network problem, but the ATV3 (as the ATV2) only connects at 65 Mbps. Which by the way is more than enough, so no need to fear it being too slow :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.