Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pete44444444

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi everbody,
I was wondering If anyone knew of a good portable iphone keyboard that folded out to a full key pad ( minus the number pad). Will any bluetooth keyboard work or does it need to be an apple keyboard. Im currently typing this form my imac keyboard and it is working wonderfully.

Also, is it possible to connect an external screen to an iphone?

I currently have and iphone 4s 16gb

BerGaur

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2011
Inside my head
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi everbody,
I was wondering If anyone knew of a good portable iphone keyboard that folded out to a full key pad ( minus the number pad). Will any bluetooth keyboard work or does it need to be an apple keyboard. Im currently typing this form my imac keyboard and it is working wonderfully.

Also, is it possible to connect an external screen to an iphone?

I currently have and iphone 4s 16gb

Well, I have looked into this quite a bit for use on the iPad and apparently it is true for the iPhone too. Supposedly any bluetooth keyboard will work for iphone as long as it has the latest firmware on it. Like you, I haven't tried any but a Mac Wireless. I have found plenty of iPhone 4 covers that had quirty and what looked like flip out keyboards so you basically have it attached to your iphone. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to them though, so I don't know if any were for the 3gs or what exactly the styles were. They were on eBay though. Just search iPhone keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.