Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Well in September I'm gonna start attending a university. I'm gonna be practically living out of my backpack. My 17" powerbook is gonna be with me a lot, especially for writing papers, surfing, and taking notes. Is there a backpack out there that can handle a 17" powerbook, a couple of textbooks and a binder?

I was considering the Axio Hybrid from http://www.axio-usa.com. It looks pretty roomy, but there isn't an Apple Store that has it where I can test drive it. My other consideration is the 17" Brenthaven backpack. Would anyone have advice for me, or had the same dilemma I'm having and found a comfortable solution?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
I love my crumpler bag

Check out this backpack. I have the team player model however, this is the updated model... Has lots of room for books. Or you can get the Customary Barge, this looks like it will hold a lot of stuff. These bags are extremely tough.

Nuc

Also check out this website for more info on the bags...

ashon3611

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2004
Austin
The North Face Laptop Packs

I too was looking for a laptop backpack but something that didnt scream "I have a laptop in me", affordable but could take a beating also...

With this pack (I got the Recon) I was amazed how light it felt even tho it was packed w/ books, the straps are stiffer than most backpacks so it evenly distrubutes the weight all along ur back instead of just the top of your shoulders. And like Jansports they have lifetime warranties, just send it in even 3 or 5 years later and they will send u another one or a replacement. I recommend the Recon and the Borealis (I've heard good things about the Borealis plus it looks pretty cool) I'd take your PB to REI and see if it will fit and if not REI also has some of their own REI Brand laptop slings or bags even cheaper but still w/ the lifetime warranty

Recon - $79
Borealis - $69
Bandwidth - $69

BTW - you can get these alot cheaper on ebay than at ebags or REI.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I have the Brenthaven Backpack for my 17 and love it. It has a ton of room for my external hard drives, drawing tablet, DSLR camera, binders, etc. It's tough as nails and guaranteed for life. I've had mine for over two years, carry it with me every day and it shows no wear whatsoever. It also doesn't scream "I have $8 K worth of gear in me."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.