PDA

View Full Version : Taking the new ipad camping

thetruth1985
Mar 21, 2012, 01:03 AM
I am thinking about getting the new ipad and I just read about the heat issue. Has anyone took the new ipad on a camping trip yet? I usually take the kids camping in upper Michigan and it gets pretty cold. We usually build a campfire but it seems that it may be more environmentally friendly to just bring an ipad instead. We could all gather around it to stay warm and not have smoke in our faces. Also, which game/app is best to make sure the ipad stays hot while maximizing battery life?

Eddyisgreat
Mar 21, 2012, 01:07 AM
nfrowrn293-20rnq[rnf

Sorry I just slammed my head on the keyboard becoz your post is so funny.

mobilehaathi
Mar 21, 2012, 01:11 AM
Reasonably clever.

drenline
Mar 21, 2012, 01:45 AM
I'm pretty sure there's an app specifically designed to heat up the screen.

Forgot what it was called.... But it claims to work.

NM08SRT8
Mar 21, 2012, 01:49 AM
You're thread inspired me to make one titled, Taking New iPad into restroom.

TWO2SEVEN
Mar 21, 2012, 07:05 AM
It would be best to get a propane camp stove to lay the iPad on top of. The metal and glass will act as a radiator and spread the heat around. Don't forget to post pictures. :)

iCarabma
Mar 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
don't forget to bring marshmallows to roast over the iPad. Oh and to be safe and not start any forest fires I would bury the iPad before you go to sleep.

TWO2SEVEN
Mar 21, 2012, 07:34 AM
don't forget to bring marshmallows to roast over the iPad. Oh and to be safe and not start any forest fires I would bury the iPad before you go to sleep.

Be sure to dump a bucket of water on it before you bury it. Just to be extra safe.

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd0a78-cace-028c.jpg

Hey Now
Mar 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
I am thinking about getting the new ipad and I just read about the heat issue. Has anyone took the new ipad on a camping trip yet? I usually take the kids camping in upper Michigan and it gets pretty cold. We usually build a campfire but it seems that it may be more environmentally friendly to just bring an ipad instead. We could all gather around it to stay warm and not have smoke in our faces. Also, which game/app is best to make sure the ipad stays hot while maximizing battery life?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/lmm150/Message%20Boards/1d2dd0f6.jpg