Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
im not sure which problem it is but i have a macbook pro/iphone4/and new iPad.
airplay was working well the first days of this thing but tonight i can't connect to airplay very well from any device. It tried to work and takes a while to load then it doesn't work. on my mac it gives me an error code or says the airplay device cannot be found.
So I'm thinking its the appletv don't you think?

Bikerdawg

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
I doubt it.

I have two of the new AppleTV's. They both work like champ.

Try pressing Alt + F4. That should help.

lil' brudder

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
alt 4 on my mac? for what reason

That would be a joke. :)

My AppleTV has been a little finicky at times too. It will randomly restart when using AirPlay, but I haven't had the issues you've described. How is it connected? How old is your router? Do you have a lot of network traffic? Is your iTunes up to date?

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
That would be a joke. :)

My AppleTV has been a little finicky at times too. It will randomly restart when using AirPlay, but I haven't had the issues you've described. How is it connected? How old is your router? Do you have a lot of network traffic? Is your iTunes up to date?

airport extreme. everything is up to date. i had two appletv2's and they never had this issue. might exchange this little guy to see if it fixes it.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
swapped it. problem fixed. super fast airplay now no waiting really. like it should be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.