Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulie6978

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
The Cradle of Liberty
Have been noticing my text tone skips or quickly does a double take when i get a new message..... I have some 3rd party tones i added before upgrading to 5.1

anyone else having this issue?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I experienced this as well. Last week, I restored my phone and since then, I have not experienced the tone skipping when I get a text. I don't know if you want to restore or not, but it's been a week, and I haven't experienced any hiccups.

Last edited:

The DRis

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I will get this from time to time. I turn the phone off and back on and it works again. Also lately my LED Flash notification has been sporadic. I noticed it had not been working, and it had been quite some time. I cycled it and it worked. It stopped working and I turned the phone off and back on and it has been working since.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
If you have the message app open and are actively texting, incoming texts won't make the usual sound. There's a kind of a soft "whooshing" sound when another text comes in, either in the conversation you have open or in another one. The notification sound will occur if you are out of the message app, doing something else or idle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.