Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aviboy97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have been trying to update several apps and all have been stuck on "waiting" for over 20 minutes now.

I am currently synced on my WiFi with speeds up to 19Mbps.

BTW, this is on my iphone4 S with 5.1.

Aviboy97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Pennsylvania
I had this trouble. My only solution was to delete them and re-download, which isn't to say there isn't a better solution....

Not what I wanted to hear. I'm very frustrated. Apparently this is a wide spread problem.

Is it me, or has Apple software gone to crap since SJ passed away? Many more bugs that I can recall.

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Not what I wanted to hear. I'm very frustrated. Apparently this is a wide spread problem.

Is it me, or has Apple software gone to crap since SJ passed away? Many more bugs that I can recall.

Pretty much, I fear the hayday of Apple might be approaching soon.

RedburnIV

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've been having this problem as well. More so today when I tried updating two apps and a message came up saying Cannot connect to iTunes. I tried searching for some answers on the web but only found things from 2008-2011. I synched with iTunes, restarted my phone, hard restart, and finally tried downloading something off the cloud to see if it went through. Once I did that everything went back to normal. Really annoying problem. I'm on a Iphone 4S for Att btw.

Sub.0

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I had this problem a few days ago. The only way I could install was through iTunes. I finally fixed it by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It reset everything, but didn't erase any data. After the reset you have to turn off then on iMessage and Facetime to get them to work properly again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.