Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
I'm a simple guy and don't really ask for much so I think I will be incredibly happy if it just has a slightly bigger screen.

Vanc-apple

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
Better camera - 3-5 MP
Video Recording - 1080p instead of 720p
Get rid of 8gb capacity - replace with 16gb
Faster processor - A5 or A5X chip
3G (or even 4G) capabilities - but this is very unlikely

Also, you should be able to text people who don't have iPhones or iPads, through the iMessage app.

Bchagey

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Delighted said:
I'm a simple guy and don't really ask for much so I think I will be incredibly happy if it just has a slightly bigger screen.

Simple guy or not, your going to need a better processor to have keep up with the apps that are being created these days

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I'd like to see it be even thinner, a camera upgrade, and though very unlikely, 3G/4G support.
You mean you want an iPhone?

Wirelessly postedSimple guy or not, your going to need a better processor to have keep up with the apps that are being created these days
This and the Retina Display from the iPhone.

Camera upgrade if there is an upgrade
Match the camera in the iPhone 4s.

Pretty much what I want is a new iPod Touch (WiFi) that otherwise matches the iPhone 4s at least for screen and processor and such.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
An iPhone requires a contract and you have to pay for calling and texting. These are 3 huge reasons that people get an iPod Touch or iPad over an iPhone.
With a little patience one can buy a new iPhone 4 (bad ESN) from a reputable seller on eBay for approximately the same price as a new iPod Touch. Such an iPhone can do everything that an iPod Touch can, only better.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
You mean you want an iPhone?

This and the Retina Display from the iPhone.

Match the camera in the iPhone 4s.

Pretty much what I want is a new iPod Touch (WiFi) that otherwise matches the iPhone 4s at least for screen and processor and such.

Um...the iPod touch 4G HAS a Retina Display, it's just not IPS, but who cares? It's not like you look at your iPod sideways anyways.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I want:

• 4.6 inch 1440x960 IPS display
  • Quad-core Cortex A15, a single PowerVR SGX600 series GPU
  • 1GB LPDDR2 RAM, 32GB/64GB/128GB
  • Thicker, better cameras and better battery life

Yeaaah come on Apple! *Fist Pump*

LeighAnna Jones

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
I'd like to see it be even thinner, a camera upgrade, and though very unlikely, 3G/4G support.

With 3G/4G support it would be better just to buy an iPhone because you would have to pay your carrier for 3G service, since that's Apple's way of doing things. It would be like paying for a smartphone without having a phone feature on it, so it's really unlikely Apple will do that.

As for me, if there does end up being a new generation iPod, since there wasn't one last year I'm wondering if they've ended the cycle, I would definitely LOVE having a camera similar to the iPhone quality just because in all honest goodness the one on the 4th gen is utter CRAPOLA.

I wouldn't mind an FM/AM radio option, either. That would definitely be welcomed.

And for God's sake, don't make it any thinner! Make it thicker, please!
(And a glass back would be another feature I would love)

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
An iPhone requires a contract and you have to pay for calling and texting. These are 3 huge reasons that people get an iPod Touch or iPad over an iPhone.
They said they wanted 3G/4G that requires having data service to use. Which at that point they may as well have an iPhone.

I have an iPod Touch precisely because I see no reason to pay for data services when there is free WiFi everywhere I tend to be.

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK
I think it's more likely we'll see a smaller iPad and the touch would be discontinued.

Never in a million years. Why would they replace an ultraportable device which fits into a pocket with a clunky "smaller" iPad? It's two entirely different products with entirely different requirements...

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
I'm looking for:

1). at least 10-12 mp rear camera
2). Full 1080 video
3). at least 10-12 mp front camera
4). at least 128gb storage or SD card slot
5). slightly larger screen

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I think it's more likely we'll see a smaller iPad and the touch would be discontinued.
Never in a million years. Why would they replace an ultraportable device which fits into a pocket with a clunky "smaller" iPad? It's two entirely different products with entirely different requirements...
Exactly this.

And for God's sake, don't make it any thinner! Make it thicker, please!
(And a glass back would be another feature I would love)
I'm nut sure I would want a glass back, but a little thicker for more battery would be good.

I'm looking for:

1). at least 10-12 mp rear camera
2). Full 1080 video
3). at least 10-12 mp front camera
4). at least 128gb storage or SD card slot
5). slightly larger screen
I could see the iPod Touch camera matching the iPhone cameras. I can't see the front camera having high resolution. It's not needed and would be a waste.

If you're using it as your primary camera, I could see 128GB. And for people who like to keep more of their music and videos with them.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
The main reason I would like a high resolution front camera is for HD video calls. Both Facetime and Skype have the capability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.