Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgeyster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
MA
Hey guys,

Yesterday I announced my newest case called GunnerCase for iPad. Just like the first GunnerCase for iPhone 4S thats almost ready to launch, it has the same built-in recoil technology that shotguns use. This makes for a great protective case with a thin design.

Its currently not for sale yet but I am collecting email sign-ups to let everyone know when it launches. I'm spreading the word seeing what everyone thinks.

Link:http://www.baseonelabs.com/collections/products/products/gunnercase-for-ipad

Here's some photos:
Assy_Ipad_2_Case%20copy.jpg

screen1copy.jpg

gunnercasexray%20copy.png

Supacali

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2011
What is the material used for this case?

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Looks really nice. But $70 for TPU (though much nicer than silicone) feels like a kick in the crotch.

But what do I know, $30 is my limit on a case. :D

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
looks good but no front protection right? are the edges in the front high enough so the glass would never touch a surface if upside down?

Maritan

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2003
Looks nice. I have a fairly rough environment for my iPad usage, and would love to see some screen protection so I can just close the case and know that the screen is also protected...

mgeyster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
MA
Looks really nice. But $70 for TPU (though much nicer than silicone) feels like a kick in the crotch.

But what do I know, $30 is my limit on a case. :D

The cost is in the design. If you look at other cases they just slap a layer of silicone right over the ipad. I designed GunnerCase with the recoil chambers. This drive the cost right up but is worth it.

----------

looks good but no front protection right? are the edges in the front high enough so the glass would never touch a surface if upside down?

Yes, GunnerCase has lay on the table design. The screen wont be close to any surface if laid on its face. Unless you decide to toss it into rocks. GunnerCase wont help you there. lol

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
I like it. Looks masculine but sleek. Would like to see photos of finished product, when will it available?

aCuria

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2011
Im not a fan - The back should be nice and flush, what's with the rectangular depression?

The front looks better aesthetically, but its going to be hard to use. there is now a raised bezel, and this will make it hard to use the home button and the entire screen for that matter, because there's no longer a natural place to put your hand

mooseknuckles

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
I am lost on the target market? Not enough protection to compete in harsh elements with Griffin Survivor, Gumdrop, Otterbox etc... Not thin enough for the minimalist...

For my use and abuse the ports, mic, speaker openings are far too large. Added screen protection is key. I see that you state screen protector and cloth included, I will assume this is a stick on application and not a hard shell insert.

The depression in the back may be nice for holding while using.

The front looks fantastic.

Best of luck.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
that looks badass- post when they are ready- I think you will sell a lot of those

mgeyster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
MA
Im not a fan - The back should be nice and flush, what's with the rectangular depression?

The front looks better aesthetically, but its going to be hard to use. there is now a raised bezel, and this will make it hard to use the home button and the entire screen for that matter, because there's no longer a natural place to put your hand

The rectangle depression on the back is because the sides have recoil chambers just like the gunnercase for iPhone. I will post photos when I have them to show what I'm talking about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.