PDA

View Full Version : APPLE Y U no include micro-cleaning cloth with ipad?

GUCCIMAN
Mar 22, 2012, 01:55 PM
This isn't really a full out complaint, more of a question, i mean my $300 lcd screen came with a cleaning cloth, no name brand, my 51" LG plasma (still cheaper than my ipad 64) came with a cleaning cloth, raybans come with cloths, many cases come with cloths...

you'd think a tablet would come with a cloth. :rolleyes:

soco
Mar 22, 2012, 01:55 PM
For the same reason they no longer include them with MacBooks.

Hammie
Mar 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
This isn't really a full out complaint, more of a question, i mean my $300 lcd screen came with a cleaning cloth, no name brand, my 51" LG plasma (still cheaper than my ipad 64) came with a cleaning cloth, raybans come with cloths, many cases come with cloths...

you'd think a tablet would come with a cloth. :rolleyes:

If you have all those cloths, why would you need (or want) another one? :p :D

whtrbt7
Mar 22, 2012, 01:57 PM
You don't need one. Apple employees wipe it with their Apple t-shirts.

ghett0tech
Mar 22, 2012, 01:59 PM
use back of smart over to clean screen. people fail to realize how well that works

Julien
Mar 22, 2012, 02:00 PM

....but I don't have an Apple t-shirt.:D

GUCCIMAN
Mar 22, 2012, 02:02 PM
If you have all those cloths, why would you need (or want) another one? :p :D

lmao i wasn't complaining, i was just curious. its a touch screen device where practically 90% o the surface area is touch, i just wondered if there was a reason why they dont include it, what am i suppose to do with 2 apple stickers vs a cleaning cloth.

and ghett0, not everyone chooses to go with the smart cover option!

striker33
Mar 22, 2012, 02:03 PM
use back of smart over to clean screen. people fail to realize how well that works

This.

Every now and then, just slide the smart cover across the screen instead of lifting it up. Works wonders :)

barkomatic
Mar 22, 2012, 02:08 PM

I heard they rub it with their behinds. That is how the oleophobic coating is applied.

Hammie
Mar 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
lmao i wasn't complaining, i was just curious. its a touch screen device where practically 90% o the surface area is touch, i just wondered if there was a reason why they dont include it, what am i suppose to do with 2 apple stickers vs a cleaning cloth.

and ghett0, not everyone chooses to go with the smart cover option!

I know you were not complaining. I was just having a little fun with you. ;)

I've never wondered it, but you do make a good point. They are but a few cents each. Heck, I even got one with a screen protector I purchased for my son's iPad 2.

I have so many I am to the point where I am just throwing them away.

Anti-Lucifer
Mar 22, 2012, 02:18 PM
Apple being apple. Business as usual. Down to the profit margins.

Anyway, I usually either spit on my iPad screen or sneeze on it then use either my hand and shirt in combination to clean the screen.

Problems solved. You carry a rag with you everywhere you go anyway it's called your shirt.

TWO2SEVEN
Mar 22, 2012, 02:25 PM
For the same reason they no longer include them with MacBooks.

Now that you mention that, I remember getting on with my iPhone 3G. I don't remember getting one with the 4.

Oh well, like others have said, I have at least 5 of them around the house.

pgiguere1
Mar 22, 2012, 02:30 PM
They probably didn't find a way to package it it that was up to their design standards. They must think a plastic bag is too ugly.

whtrbt7
Mar 22, 2012, 02:30 PM
....but I don't have an Apple t-shirt.:D

Well go buy one! :D. I think they may have them in the Cupertino gift store. I still have my Apple keychain that I won from an Apple training event.

Anyways, the iPad screen is pretty resilient so shirts, pants, and even jeans will work for cleaning without damaging the screen. Just don't use jeans with lots of studs on them. The screen hardness is about a 9 so most materials softer than 9 will clean the screen as long as it is pliable.

bigjnyc
Mar 22, 2012, 02:31 PM
Apple has been known to cut back on accessories provided with their products. The more they sell and the more popular a product becomes the more barebones the boxes come with. That's how you end up with 90Billion in excess cash lying around :cool:

Jarland
Mar 22, 2012, 02:40 PM
This.

Every now and then, just slide the smart cover across the screen instead of lifting it up. Works wonders :)

You just changed my life.

NameUndecided
Mar 22, 2012, 03:43 PM
This.

So I guess I'm one of the few people for whom this really doesn't work all that well? ;) Maybe it's just because I have an older smart cover and isn't what it used to be, or up to standards of the newer ones.

I just keep around the cloth that came with my MacBook in 2009. And I just ordered a newer pretty looking microfiber cloth -- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=microfiber+artcloth

And I don't think that Apple includes them with their products anymore, especially the iPad, because they don't want to endorse what can be taken as a negative perception of their product, and on some level it comes across as apologetic.

Built
Mar 22, 2012, 03:51 PM
I never really liked the cleaning cloths included with Apple products before...I much prefer the heavy, thick microfiber cloths you can pick up for 5 for 5 bucks at places likes Frys.

Hello...
Mar 22, 2012, 04:00 PM
Why I always toss them away.

smirk
Mar 22, 2012, 04:44 PM
So my eyeglasses came with a thin, flat microfiber cleaning cloth, and to clean my TV I bought a pack of fatter, kind of textured microfiber clothes at Costco. They almost look like little terry cloth towels, except they are microfiber and stick to your fingers in an uncomfortable way. Does it matter which kind you use?

Lunchb0x8
Mar 22, 2012, 05:42 PM
I use a chux brand Glass cleaning microfibre cloth.

I am yet to find a cloth that is as good as this to clean my iDevices and MBP.

Dangerous Theory
Mar 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
Just use a wire brush

Redjericho
Mar 22, 2012, 07:59 PM
Do the math, let's say apple sells 1,000,000 iPads. At $0.10 a piece that's $100 grand apple kept.

Lukeyy19
Mar 22, 2012, 08:23 PM
I just use my t-shirt, its not like I'm going to carry a micro-fibre cloth around with me.