PDA

View Full Version : Verizon, tethered vs data plan

bkitchen0406
Mar 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
I have an LTE iPad 3rd gen setup through Verizon on its own plan. I have a Verizon unlimited plan for iPhone because it's through my wife's fathers grandfathered plan, but I pay the bill. Is there a tethered service for a fee to connect your iPad to your iPhone for Verizon or is that BS. I read something about that awhile back. I'm also wondering if u can add an iPad to the grandfathered unlimited data plan.

BiggAW
Mar 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
You clearly didn't do your research. Yes there is a tethering plan, no you can't add your iPad to your phone plan. Tethering on an iPhone is 3G-only though.

cdmoore74
Mar 22, 2012, 11:49 PM
Main reason why I have a Galaxy Nexus. Free LTE hotspot (undetected with hack) and any device I so choose. It's a shame that I have mobile facetime but LTE ipad owners do not. Apple makes the best tablet/experience hands down but their lagging behind with the iphone. No surprise that I'm reading rumors that the next model will be pushed up to their traditional June release.
I love my ipad 3 but Apple needs to kill it with the next iphone. A 4.6 inch display and LTE would be enough for me to switch along with many Android fanbois. And a redesigned iOS 6.0 would be icing on the cake.