PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy an air

seablue
Mar 23, 2012, 08:36 PM
Can't decide between a mac pro or air. I think the air will fit my needs tho. I currently use an old ibook G4 that I just can't upgrade any further. I'm on a dinosaur!
The only thing I do on my laptop is email, internet searches, facebook game, and that's about it. I don't watch movies or store anything on it.
My ibook works just fine but I'm trying to download some updates for firefox and FB and it won't allow it now. Says I"m outdated.
For what I do, does it sound like the air 999.00 will be enough for me? Does it have a DVD player or do you need to get the external? I do sometimes burn pictures onto a DVD and the air does not say it has one....

Spink10
Mar 23, 2012, 08:39 PM
Can't decide between a mac pro or air. I think the air will fit my needs tho. I currently use an old ibook G4 that I just can't upgrade any further. I'm on a dinosaur!
The only thing I do on my laptop is email, internet searches, facebook game, and that's about it. I don't watch movies or store anything on it.
My ibook works just fine but I'm trying to download some updates for firefox and FB and it won't allow it now. Says I"m outdated.
For what I do, does it sound like the air 999.00 will be enough for me? Does it have a DVD player or do you need to get the external? I do sometimes burn pictures onto a DVD and the air does not say it has one....

999 air would be fine - no optical drive - you can purchase a usb optical drive

yanksrock100
Mar 23, 2012, 08:56 PM
You can get a macbook pro for $1199...or a refurb for cheaper! Look at this One (http://www.store.apple.com/us/product/FD313LL/A)

If you frequently use the CD/DVD drive, then the Macbook air wont fit your needs...its doesnt have one. You could buy an external drive if you want though.

seablue
Mar 23, 2012, 09:23 PM
oh thanks... I like the refurb. one :)

mac26
Mar 23, 2012, 09:56 PM
oh thanks... I like the refurb. one :)

Or you could get the refurb. $999 Air for $850 :D

av8or
Mar 24, 2012, 04:10 AM
look up craigslist.. you have to be patient though.. i just picked up a macbook air 11' i5, 4gb ram 128ssd, sealed for $900 yesterday.. warranty good till nov.. guy selling it was in his 50's.. won the laptop at work.. doesn't want apple.. wanted $950 but talked him down to bring down the price...:D