Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jzhang1990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Hello,

So im gunna be using the ipad for taking notes in class. which stylus would be the best for that. i mainly annotate pdf files and powerpoint slides

Boyiee

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
Hello,

So im gunna be using the ipad for taking notes in class. which stylus would be the best for that. i mainly annotate pdf files and powerpoint slides

I just got my ifaraday RXII in today. Never took notes on a tablet before but I plan to full time. I'm not sure if I like it yet, and not sure if I want to keep it or go with a jot or something else entirely.

I'm in the boat of having a $30 max on a stylus, cause I may end up losing it. So far so good with the RXII, however I haven't tried it in a true notetaking app like notesplus or notability to really give it a test run.

tonyz3

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
If you want cheap and great than a caseen or acase 2,is for you. Especially in notability. If you can afford it I just got the by zero stylus and I like it a lot.

But pricey.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
I used the jot for a while in business meetings - it taps too much and makes too much noise....

i heard putting a little strip of scotch tap to cover the ball makes less noise.

not too sure though, contemplating on buying one soon.

neweipadfan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
pen and paper, the ipad is terrible for accurate notes or writing at that. terrible just terrible, you would think with todays technology that would change

UseYourIllusion

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2012
I've finally gotten used to using the iPen and it works well with Good Notes, the accuracy on Ghostwriter sucks as of right now.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Jot does not have a ball....

oh really?

scaled.php

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
yeah..."oh really"...the plastic plate part taps and makes noise....not the ball that attaches it....tell me how the hell scotch tape quiets that down....I sold mine...too much a gimmick and I was a kickstarter supporter...have you ever seen one or are you just an internet expert?

Last edited:

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
I have an iFaraday RX II as well, but as many mentioned it can be difficult taking notes fast enough while in class. As a graduate student I find the iPad ideal for my research notebooks (which I have lots of time to compose), but not adequate for taking notes in lectures. This could simply be a result of my field, since mathematics has many symbols, graphs, etc. I imagine it would be easier to take pure text notes, but maybe still not as good as paper and pencil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.