PDA

View Full Version : Intel to Powerpc driver, possible?

skinniezinho
Mar 24, 2012, 09:37 AM
Hi guys,
Is there any possibility of converting this driver: http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/ to work with powerpc?
Would it be dificult?
I have a Terratec Aureon Space, and it is getting dust because my tower computer is now a G4.
It worked fine in 10.5/10.6/10.7 hackintosh =)

zen.state
Mar 24, 2012, 09:42 AM
They offer the source code so it's totally possible to compile it to PowerPC code. How well it works may be another thing all together.

If I have some extended spare time this weekend I will try compiling it in Xcode for you.

skinniezinho
Mar 24, 2012, 09:55 AM
They offer the source code so it's totally possible to compile it to PowerPC code. How well it works may be another thing all together.

If I have some extended spare time this weekend I will try compiling it in Xcode for you.

Thanks Zen =)
Envy24/Envy24-HT were very good sounds chips, today the only Envy24 cards that costs good money are the M-Audio ones, maybe because they were the only ones with mac drivers.
If we have this drivers working we can get very cheap and very good audio cards for powermacs =)

zen.state
Mar 26, 2012, 08:18 AM
Saddly it wouldn't compile properly. I tried 3 times. I will keep the source code around though so I can see what they might have in the code that is hindering my attempts.

skinniezinho
Mar 26, 2012, 09:38 AM
Saddly it wouldn't compile properly. I tried 3 times. I will keep the source code around though so I can see what they might have in the code that is hindering my attempts.

Thanks for the effort =)