Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maritan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
I'm looking to buy a case to protect my iPad (3rd gen) in fairly rough environments.

I do not want an integrated screen protector because I don't want to muddy the retina display or detract from the touch sensing capabilities.

That said, I've narrowed my search to the following cases:

1. Seidio Active
2. Speck CandyShell Wrap (not released yet)
3. MacAlly Hardshell (coming soon)

While looking at the Active, I ran into this case: Ballistic Tough Jacket series. Looks interesting.

There are very few reviews, all of them favourable. Anybody here that has any experience with them or knows somebody that has it?

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
A bit bulky but looking at the other 3 I like the Ballistic the best. Protective and has a stand. Like you said, no built-in screen to take away from the HD screen, but still has the plastic cover to protect the screen. Looks drop-proof.

Maritan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
Thanks for the response, Luba. :)

I'm leaning strongly towards the Seidio Active now. That also has a screen cover and comes with a very versatile stand.

I guess nobody has any experience with Ballistic. Bummer. I was hoping for some real world feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.