Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rappar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Canada
Both my wife and I now have iPads. If I purchase an app from the app store, do I need to purchase a second one for use on her iPad?
If she has a full season of the TV show 'Blue Bloods' purchased from the iTunes store, can I download it to my iPad as well or do I need to purchase the collection as well?
Thanks
Ron

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
We have a master Apple ID account for iTunes purchases. Then we each have our own personal Apple ID accounts. This setup has worked perfectly for us since we got our first iPhone 3GS's.

Macgeeza

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
Both my wife and I now have iPads. If I purchase an app from the app store, do I need to purchase a second one for use on her iPad?
If she has a full season of the TV show 'Blue Bloods' purchased from the iTunes store, can I download it to my iPad as well or do I need to purchase the collection as well?
Thanks
Ron

Just sign into her iPad with your iTunes account then go to purchases and you can just pull all the apps/ music/ films/ etc that you have purchased from the cloud on to your wife's iPad.

You can do the same for stuff your wife has purchased to download it to your iPad.
When you have finished just remember to sign back in on your own iPads

----------

If you both use the same iTunes account, then no. You buy once and can get them on both!

You can do it with different iTunes accounts as I explain in my other reply

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Just sign into her iPad with your iTunes account then go to purchases and you can just pull all the apps/ music/ films/ etc that you have purchased from the cloud on to your wife's iPad.

You can do the same for stuff your wife has purchased to download it to your iPad.
When you have finished just remember to sign back in on your own iPads

----------

You can do it with different iTunes accounts as I explain in my other reply

My no was in reference to the question about paying again, so I was saying that it can be done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.