Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tayloralmond

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Michigan, USA
I did some searching today to see if I could make Leopard look more like Lion. I stumbled across a MacRumors forum thread where a user named AQUADock hooked the community up with a theme. I placed the files in the proper places on my G5 Quad and I attached a screenshot to show how it turned out. I'm quite satisfied. Just thought I'd re-share this for anyone who's interested seeing as Leopard is the newest OS any of us can install.

Here's the link to the thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1215857/

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,607

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Thanks for this, but do note that im not the original maker of this theme someone on the Macthemes forum made this theme for snow leopard and i ported it over. This theme is only the beta version of it I have the final version for SL and since there are people interested in it i will port it over for you guys, it looks 10x better than this one. Also i will try and find who the original creator of this is.

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
Oh great, just great. I followed the instructions to the T. Got the original backed up files, after logging out then back in, the Menubar won't respond and Finder keeps crashing when I try to interact with it. No apps will launch and unable to restore the backed up files since Finder keeps crashing.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Oh great, just great. I followed the instructions to the T. Got the original backed up files, after logging out then back in, the Menubar won't respond and Finder keeps crashing when I try to interact with it. No apps will launch and unable to restore the backed up files since Finder keeps crashing.

So sorry about that i should of tested it on my powerbook, im fixing it now.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
After a bit of terminal, got it back. Losing the UI like that did not spark any confidence. :/

No offence, you should really test it before releasing.
yes I should of, this is not the only theme i have ported but this is the first time its happened.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Its working now, and thanks zen.state for being so blunt i saw what you wrote on the other thread it partly wasn't my fault that it wasn't working, buggy software is to blame for not compiling the files properly.

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
Its working now, and thanks zen.state for being so blunt i saw what you wrote on the other thread it partly wasn't my fault that it wasn't working, buggy software is to blame for not compiling the files properly.

To be fair it's vohdoun's fault as much as yours. It's a bit stunning how quickly some people will throw things into their macs that random people upload on forums.

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
To be fair it's vohdoun's fault as much as yours. It's a bit stunning how quickly some people will throw things into their macs that random people upload on forums.

How is that any different to the days of MacThemes.net? people post images of the theme they created, people download it because it appealed to them. They wanted something different or updated Aqua tweaks since that was always their thing.

It's not like I jumped on some rogue forum and downloaded some hoax.

It's times like this I miss Shapeshifter.

As is the same what people are doing with their iPhones.

Last edited:

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
How is that any different to the days of MacThemes.net? people post images of the theme they created, people download it because it appealed to them. They wanted something different or updated Aqua tweaks since that was always their thing.

It's not like I jumped on some rogue forum and downloaded some hoax.

It's times like this I miss Shapeshifter.

As is the same what people are doing with their iPhones.

Did you try it? Im definite that its working now.

tayloralmond

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Michigan, USA

I've got the new version installed. The only glitch I've noticed so far is the top of TenFourFox windows are discolored and the font is hard to read. Other than that, it's great.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    673.7 KB · Views: 350

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
I've got the new version installed. The only glitch I've noticed so far is the top of TenFourFox windows are discolored and the font is hard to read. Other than that, it's great.
I knew this would happen, this is fixable with a firefox plugin but i have no idea how.

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.

Not yet.

It's not the theme, it's TenFourFox itself. I don't know why they made the toolbar lose it's gradient. When you take off tabs on top the whole thing is flat grey.

Attachments

• tff11.png
    tff11.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 247

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
Just lost the UI on my PowerMac. I need to do a restore.

With the update? strange. Strange how it supposedly works fine on that person's Quad G5. I'll pass on trying it again then. Can't be bothered faffing about restoring it again.

I really do miss Shapeshifter. You could preview the theme to make sure it was working properly before applying it systemwide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.