Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfredsilva

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Hi I have Mountain Lion installed but I want to do a clean install.
I already made a lot of clean install on Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion with a pen drive.
My problem is after booting from a pen drive de apple logo is replaced by a forbidden logo and it's infinite.

After that I tried to do a clean install with Lion but the same thing happens.

Sdreed91

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
I have ML fully installed on my MBP. Have had for several weeks now. On occasion I get the same sign. What works for me is holding power button then booting up into the "recovery mode" however instead of booting into recovery I just choose the drive I'd like to boot into.

gspannu

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
UK
I have ML fully installed on my MBP. Have had for several weeks now. On occasion I get the same sign. What works for me is holding power button then booting up into the "recovery mode" however instead of booting into recovery I just choose the drive I'd like to boot into.

Instead go booting into 'Recovery Mode' by pressing Cmd-R, try booting with just the 'Option' key. This should now show your Pen Drive as a boot-up option and you can install ML from here on.

I have installed ML DP1, DP2 numerous times like this and it works each time.
If it is still not working, it is likely that your Pen drive has not been created properly, try recreating the pen drive from the ML Install application.

Sdreed91

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Instead go booting into 'Recovery Mode' by pressing Cmd-R, try booting with just the 'Option' key. This should now show your Pen Drive as a boot-up option and you can install ML from here on.

I have installed ML DP1, DP2 numerous times like this and it works each time.
If it is still not working, it is likely that your Pen drive has not been created properly, try recreating the pen drive from the ML Install application.

Sorry I should have specified. I did mean to boot with the option key not CMD+R

gspannu

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
UK
I would try 2 things:

1. Zap the PRAM. Boot Mac with Cmd-Opt-P-R keys pressed until you hear the Apple chime.

2. Recreate your ML USB drive. (I think this is the main culprit).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.