Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
U

Unregistered

G5 anyone?

Appollo G4 or G5 PowerMacs for Seybold.. if not then Macworld Tokyo for sure..

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
at either sebold or tokyo we will see faster G4s at one and a new digital device at another...

then G5s at New York:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

U

Unregistered

Seybold

I think Seybold, as it is a pro oriented show, but if not then by Macworld Tokyo. With the iMac going to a G4 chip, I am sure Apple has something in the wings to wow the pros. They will announce it when they are certain that they can meet the demand. From what I have seen, I am betting on faster G4's 1.2 to 1.6 ghz. I don't think the G-5's are quite ready for prime time yet. However I am always open to being surpised. Interestingly, if you check the RC-5 stats page at http://n0cgi.distributed.net/speed/query.cgi?cputype=all&arch=2&contest=rc5
you can see some interesting stats for a 7500 (G4) running at 1065 mhz and another running at 1600 mhz. Both show as G4's, but the speed and numbers are impressive. Possibly developer or apple research machines?

U

Unregistered

rc5 speeds

The 1066 and 1600 are probably just confused dual 533 and 800 users

syoung6164

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2001
NYC
This better be it!!!

If Apple doesn't get the G5 out by MW their future will look bleak!At least a speed bump is necessary by then.

tw9876z

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2002
quicktime will obviously a new quicktime and imovie, imovie needs an update i think.then the seybold will have either a:speed bumps for powebook or b: g5 with a. and the tokyo will have a g5, thats mainly a promise or the global airport which probably wont happen. But powerbook g5 wont appear for 2 years, it will be updated every 6 mothns by 100 mhz,and this fall ibook with a really fast g3, over 1ghz,. then whenever the expo in fall is will habe a new device. Oh and if nothing else at seybold, i think 10.2 would be there. Every expo apple updates things with speed bumps or screen bumps and one new thing. so thats what my mac expos are. But this time next year i hope to have a new newton from apple, that would kick ass

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
Originally posted by eyelikeart
oh god here we go again!!!

:D indeed!

that baby is driving me nuts!!!

i dont think we will speed bumps for g4 powermacs before a g5, therefore g5s sooner rather than later. as far as powerbooks... certainly a bit far off to think about but... i think sooner than most of us expect. the g4 powerbook took so long because of heat issues, i cant imagine the g5 being too much hotter than the g4 so im hoping we will see a g5 powerbook sooner rather than later.

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
Re: rc5 speeds

Originally posted by Unregistered
The 1066 and 1600 are probably just confused dual 533 and 800 users

Seems a bit strange though, that the dual 533 is faster, and the dual 800 is twice as fast as the 867, when we all know they are not...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
it's a possibility...

I feel we are going to see something later this year.....whether it be a revised G4 w/breakneck speeds or a G5.....

till July...

U

Unregistered

At MacWorld Tokyo the CinemaDisplay will get a price drop to: $1,499.00

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by Unregistered
At MacWorld Tokyo the CinemaDisplay will get a price drop to: $1,499.00

if that's true... I might have to start thinking about it... that thing is amazing

arn

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Originally posted by arn

if that's true... I might have to start thinking about it... that thing is amazing

arn

Hear Hear!

The only problem with the availability of a $1,500 cinema display would be that it would make the choice between a new iMac and new tower all that more difficult.

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
comeon guys, a g5 at tokyo, i dont think so

g5 is gonna be the main exhibit at new york along with a slew of new displays, and whatever else, let's be realistic. also, u guys really need to get over an Apple PDA it's not gonna happen anytime soon, just get a palm or somethan, jeez.

when do i get a little logo under my name???

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
My guess is
Seybold: New Powermac G4s
Tokoyo: New Digital Device
MWNY: G5s and updated TiBooks

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Seybold

I think that Apple's going to release new PowerMacs at Seybold, because it is a pro-oriented event.

G5's or G4's, Either way, it's cool.

cowdoc

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2002
WA
sjestus -

May your theory (or fact, or whatever you believe, I'm not going to get into it with you) fair better on this thread than the last, albeit the entertainment factor was high. Best o'luck to you that your prediction finds a happier "home" with this lot.....

But I digress.

After more hours of p*ss-poor attempted research effort than I ought to have put into it, my speculative bet is on another Ti powerbook speed bump at Toyko (I wouldn't personally hold my breath for a whole 1GHz). Couple non-rumor site tidbits stumbled across seemed to point in that direction, and I'd love it to see what a Rev C holds for the powerbook (not just in speed, either) before finally leaping into mac-land.

And yes, I know the saying 'bout always waiting for the bleedin' edge - I think I'll survive just a few more weeks (maybe with papercuts, maybe not).

cd
back to lurking and resigned to another 2 mos or so of Wintel 'ell

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
500 posts = custom avatar kid

Originally posted by rekras
comeon guys, a g5 at tokyo, i dont think so

g5 is gonna be the main exhibit at new york along with a slew of new displays, and whatever else, let's be realistic. also, u guys really need to get over an Apple PDA it's not gonna happen anytime soon, just get a palm or somethan, jeez.

when do i get a little logo under my name???

new displays huh? whatever happened to all the rumors about new displays at mwsf? werent we thinking we would get a 19" lcd and lose the 15"?

i agree a g5 in tokyo seems unlikely but and apple could certainly have g4s in the imac and powermac for some time bu i got to tell you when i first heard that apple put a g4 in the new imac i immediatly thought oboy here comes the g5. and i think apple knows that is the reaction most people will have. i cant imagine them waiting until ny to give us what we are holding our breath for... on the other hand i just cant imagine apple unveiling the g5 at a macworld other than mwny or mwsf.

o and as far as pda go... we all want it (well thos eof us who count), none of us expect it (well the reasonable ones anyway), and the pda market and current hardware situation could not be better (well actually it will only get worse which equals now is better than it ever will be). and as far as getting over it... i think most of are "over it" as far as us expecting it anytime soon, but that doesnt stop us from imagining.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
Originally posted by cowdoc
sjestus -

After more hours of p*ss-poor attempted research effort than I ought to have put into it, my speculative bet is on another Ti powerbook speed bump at Toyko (I wouldn't personally hold my breath for a whole 1GHz). Couple non-rumor site tidbits stumbled across seemed to point in that direction, and I'd love it to see what a Rev C holds for the powerbook (not just in speed, either) before finally leaping into mac-land.

what do you mean by "not just in speed, either?" id appreciate some speculation in this direction.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
A small aside about Conventions.

How about a M$/Enron convention:ConCon!!:p
If this gets as outrageous as it could I'll have to quote myself and bring in the unnofficial forum-disclaimer.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.