Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TripleP

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
I received my smart last night and installed it immediately. In general I really like the case, but there is a problem with the fit along the right side of the iPad (near the volume button). The case seems to fit perfectly on the left side where it overlaps the smart cover and on all four corners, but there is a noticeable gap where the case does not overlap the edge of the iPad. I’ve tried re-installing the case a few times but the gap always remains. Sorry for the poor PQ, but the picture shows the gap fairly well.

BTW, I do not have a skin or anything else between the iPad and the smart feather.

Is this normal, or do I have a defective case?

Attachments

• 2012-03-27_07-52-34_148.jpg
    2012-03-27_07-52-34_148.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 196

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Defective.

Mine fits well throughout the right edge even with a Best Skins Ever skin installed.

TripleP

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
I also noticed that the hole for the camera lens isn't centered. Not horribly off, but a lot more than I would expect for a "fitted" case. I sent a picture of the gap problem to Incipio customer service and will follow up with a phone call later today. Hopefully they'll agree to send a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.