Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haganaga

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Hi folks,

I've subscribed to a couple magazines on my old ipad. However, with my new ipad, it doesn't recognize me as the subscriber and is telling me I need to repurchase. These were purchased with my old ipad and I never had to register with the magazines specifically as it just charged me through itunes. To get around this, is it as simple as creating a username/logging in on the app with my old ipad, then signing in under my username/password in the app with my new ipad or are subscriptions only good with one device? Was just hoping to avoid giving them my email info if it isn't necessary.

thanks!

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
You should be able to go to the download area within each magazine app and hit the button for 'restore purchases.'

Enter the same ID and password you use to originally purchase the magazine (I presume it will be your iTunes ID and password) and it should resync your purchases. Each magazine's app will have a slightly different method/interface but they should all have the ability to restore previously purchased issues or subscriptions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.