Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgu3r1n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Macbook Pro 17inch couple months old now with broken screen and extensively damaged. How Can I Get it repaired?

It was in a car accident in a computer bag.
I hooked it up to my display monitor at home all internal hardware seems to be working right still doesn't mean part of the logic board could be messed up. But the body is bent screen is not functionable comes up white and shows weird crack that isn't in screen it self but show up when turned on.

Is this Macbook Pro repairable it was only bought not even a year ago if so can you guys direct me to best place where I can get it repaired I already took it to a Apple genius bar they quoted me $1250 to repair something I paid $4,000 I think that's absurd for a screen and body replacement I'm out of nyc/li so please direct me to where I can get my Macbook Pro Repaired .

njean777

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
You can try apple certified repair places around NYC, or you can try ifixit.com. Also try the link that the other post suggested.

jgu3r1n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
I tried Tekserve already they quoted me 100 bucks more then Apple I guess these other providers might cost more then Apple when a Apple Genius bar told me they charge a cheaper cost to repair.

Seriously this is a joke they want to quote me $1240 to fix this computer when all internal hardware works fine just the whole body needs to be replaced and the screen.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I'm surprised that the car insurance isn't covering that as it was in the car at the time of the accident, insurance on the car usually also covers the contents of the car as well.

jgu3r1n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Are you sure I contacted All State they first said it was covered then the person I filled the claim with over the phone said personal damage is not covered by the insurance and I was like what if my car damaged someone else's property like a store window or someones car, or house is that not covered and they were like yes that covered and I was like that's the same as my car damaging my laptop due to the accident.

VABuckeye

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
they were like yes that covered and I was like that's the same as my car damaging my laptop due to the accident.

No, it isn't the same. If you are in an accident and you cause damage to someone else's property your insurance will cover it.

Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability covers your legal liability for a covered accident that involves injury to another person or damage to someone's property, up to the limit of liability you select.

jgu3r1n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
What if the Macbook Pro wasn't mine until the accident? Would Insurance still cover that as someone else's property I damaged?

Can you guys help figure out my best option to get this repaired without insurance If I can't get them to pay up for it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.